P500 Should the amount of $ you spend at dealership determine wat kind of customer service you get

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Please
give your opinion.
Thanks

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Reason for post:
Was told I get good customer
service from GMC dealer cause
I spent more $...
That Honda don't owe me good
customer service cause I only
spent $8,400.
REALLY.......

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good customer service is the basis of any successful business practice. Doesn't matter it you are buying a $75K diesel dually truck, and $10,000 ATV, or a $10 Pizza. Without good customer service no business will succeed. A business manager should know even the smallest initial customer may turn out to be their most valuable in repeat business because of their experience with them. I will drive 400 miles (an do) to go to a dealer I trust in sales and service and can deal with, instead of 50 miles to the closest one who may not offer the same experience, not even a bad experience just a mediocre one.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Good customer service is the basis of any successful business practice. Doesn't matter it you are buying a $75K diesel dually truck, and $10,000 ATV, or a $10 Pizza. Without good customer service no business will succeed. A business manager should know even the smallest initial customer may turn out to be their most valuable in repeat business because of their experience with them. I will drive 400 miles (an do) to go to a dealer I trust in sales and service and can deal with, instead of 50 miles to the closest one who may not offer the same experience, not even a bad experience just a mediocre one.
Thanks for your input Jackal
I 1000% agree

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

Agree 100% - I don't buy a ton at my local archery shop but their customer service is EXCELLENT and they are always willing to help if for a $10 purchase. My local ATV/SxS dealer which i have bought a ton of stuff at (25K+) is horrible - rather mail order everything than go there.

S

Sledge

Agree 100% - I don't buy a ton at my local archery shop but their customer service is EXCELLENT and they are always willing to help if for a $10 purchase. My local ATV/SxS dealer which i have bought a ton of stuff at (25K+) is horrible - rather mail order everything than go there.
Should? What is should?

Should is really not a very useful word. Things are as they are.

In the estimation of the dealer, he should make as much money as he possibly can on every transaction he has with me.

Dealers of motorized wheeled goods are particularly notable for this attitude. In my experience, MC dealers are in general even worse than automobile dealers.

They also provide FAR worse service after the sale. The morons they call mechanics mostly just need about 5 minutes with their heads held underwater.

Don't know, but I suspect repeat business is of less concern to them.

I think they should be different! They really SHOULD!!

But I deal with them as they are, as adversaries, because our goals are diametrically opposed.

They damn sure aren't going to touch my machine, unless warranty issues force it.

They want as much of my money as they can get, and I want to keep as much as I can.

I deal with them on that basis.

Ain't no should.

Joe

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Reason for post:
Was told I get good customer
service from GMC dealer cause
I spent more $...
That Honda don't owe me good
customer service cause I only
spent $8,400.
REALLY.......
That is not at all what you were told. You got 3 years of oil changes with the purchase of a truck and didn't get a free valve adjustment with the purchase of a pioneer. Like it or not, part of the price you paid for that truck was for the oil changes. Not as much room to throw in free service when the sell price is only $8,400. It's simple. Why so hard to understand???

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sorry @rocmar, I assumed you meant I told you that. I didn't, so you must have been talking about someone else. Whoever told you that, I don't agree with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Ehart
your a sales guy.
read through all the post...
you sent me...
That should explain it
Honda is not right doing that
period...
I got 9 to 1
Stating just that
let it go dude....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry @rocmar, I assumed you meant I told you that. I didn't, so you must have been talking about someone else. Whoever told you that, I don't agree with them.

I got a 57 K truck for 38K
so your theory ...is bulls hit
The post are there..
are you ehart418....

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

The post are there..
are you ehart418....

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The post are there..
are you ehart418....
Lol. I am wrong. You are right. I'm going back to the dealer and telling them they are pricks because Honda tells us to do valve adjustments. I have seen the light!!!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lol. I am wrong. You are right. I'm going back to the dealer and telling them they are pricks because Honda tells us to do valve adjustments. I have seen the light!!!
Drop it dude.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
For the record, I never told you that the amount of money you spend at a dealer should have anything to do with the "customer service" you receive.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
For the record, I never told you that the amount of money you spend at a dealer should have anything to do with the "customer service" you receive.

Well ehart...
Once again I'll say
"Let it go"
Read post

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
NO!!
I run a small business. I treat my customers the same. Wether its 2k or 20k.
As my old man said, who was a business man himself, It takes 4 quarters to make a dollar. All quarters count. And besides, a reputation comes form all price ranges

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for your input Jackal
I 1000% agree
I know my Honda dealer isn't the cheapest around (wash.state metro area) , bought my 1000 deluxe for over $24,000. with many add ons. Also their 100 mile service is over $550. But I get there full attention when I show up, and they get it done right. I wouldn't expect any less for the money I have invested in rig. I have been around long enough to realize you usually get what you pay for but I don't bend over and take it either, usually b**** if I feel price is out of line.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What kind of customer service are we referring to here? The way they treat you, price, quality of work they do on your machine?
I drove 100 miles to the Honda dealer I bought from as opposed to the one 2 miles from me because they beat their price by $200 OTD. Was it worth it...hell yeah in my mind. They wanted the sale more. Also found me a green one which wasn't easy. I have bought accessories from my local dealer though. If I feel I'm being treated bad or being over charged, I'll tell them that.I can be a bigger asshole than anyone I know if pushed. Or if they don't stock items that other dealers do, I'll tell them that too. Tell them their business sucks, your mechanics are morons, you fell way short on the price, and then don't do business with them anymore.
BTW, searched all over when I bought my GMC. Ended up buying from a local dealer that wanted the sale. Brand new 2012 Z71 extended cab 4x4 in black. Wasn't going to buy any other truck for a better price, that's what I wanted period. Even walked out on my first visit, trying to sell me a silver one. Got what I wanted, $26,385 OTD. Sticker was $39,600. Dealer calls once a year just to keep ties.

Reactions: Montecresto
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of customer service are we referring to here? The way they treat you, price, quality of work they do on your machine?
I drove 100 miles to the Honda dealer I bought from as opposed to the one 2 miles from me because they beat their price by $200 OTD. Was it worth it...hell yeah in my mind. They wanted the sale more. Also found me a green one which wasn't easy. I have bought accessories from my local dealer though. If I feel I'm being treated bad or being over charged, I'll tell them that.I can be a bigger asshole than anyone I know if pushed. Or if they don't stock items that other dealers do, I'll tell them that too. Tell them their business sucks, your mechanics are morons, you fell way short on the price, and then don't do business with them anymore.
BTW, searched all over when I bought my GMC. Ended up buying from a local dealer that wanted the sale. Brand new 2012 Z71 extended cab 4x4 in black. Wasn't going to buy any other truck for a better price, that's what I wanted period. Even walked out on my first visit, trying to sell me a silver one. Got what I wanted, $26,385 OTD. Sticker was $39,600. Dealer calls once a year just to keep ties.
Understand where you are coming from, been there,done that. Retired now know how not to get screwed and its little easier now not struggling to get by. Just appretiate a good deal and being treated right.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!