P500 Should the amount of $ you spend at dealership determine wat kind of customer service you get

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
To me, customer service has less to do with $$$. It has more to do with respect and quality of the service the vendor provides. I buy a new truck every 2-3 years always have and probably always will God-willing. When I walk on the lot my dealer knows I'm there to buy. They know me and they treat me right. To me being loyal is important and whether it's right or wrong I will get better pricing than Joe Schmoe walking in off the street. But, that doesn't mean Joe Schmoe should be treated any less courteous than me. Developing a business relationship makes things easier moving forward. In return, that loyalty is rewarded dollar wise with better deals but any customer should be treated with courtesy walking through the door. I may get much better pricing because I've purchased there before but, to me, that's not customer service. I believe that if I was there to spend $20K instead of $50K they would still be curtious. They make $$$, that's why they are in business and I can't blame them for that. But, they damn well better be polite doing it! I don't demand anything from them and we don't always see eye to eye at first but there is respect through the process. That's why I go back. To me, it's more about how you are treated during the process and less about the money. Again, it's always a matter of opinion but that's my take.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!