P1000 Simple Defroster for Glass Windshield?

M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a hard cab and glass windshield. I don't have a heater unit, and I am trying to avoid paying for a whole heater unit, as I have read they aren't the most effective, and on top of that with the warming of the seat, I stay warm anyways. However, my windshield does fog up, when I am plowing snow. I was wondering if any of you guys would happen to know of any type of fan, or defroster of some type, that would be effective, inexpensive, somewhat easy to install, and wouldn't burn my electrical system or wiring up? I have seen some of these types of gadgets for sale online, but I have my doubts on their effectiveness, or their draw on the electrical system. I would really like to know if anyone has any good experiences with anything like this, and which gadget it is, that you guys would recommend if any.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Not this POS
Nor this POS either.

Reactions: Lady01
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not this POS
Nor this POS either.
I hope your serious. Lol. Because both of those are pure garbage. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok. I have to ask. How do you know? What happened with those?

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. I have to ask. How do you know? What happened with those?
Well they are exactly what you pay for. They don't work. Take all your seat insulation out and the bottom door on the firewall. I have been plowing all winter and it stays warm enough. I have a hand squeegee to wipe away the condensation. I plow in a hoodie and coat with no gloves. Coldest has been about 10°. I was looking into the "Mr Heater Little buddy heater" golf cart heater. If I did anything. I honestly think I won't ever put a heater in. Not worth the maintenance.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
My heater is worth it’s weight in gold IMO. Whom ever told you they aren’t effective is full of crap.

Look at this way...if coolant heaters aren’t effective then why are they in cars and trucks?

If you want to be cheap that’s one thing, but coolant heaters have value and are far and away safer than a buddy heater or some electrical contraption.

M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
vikes what heater do you have?

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My heater is worth it’s weight in gold IMO. Whom ever told you they aren’t effective is full of crap.

Look at this way...if coolant heaters aren’t effective then why are they in cars and trucks?

If you want to be cheap that’s one thing, but coolant heaters have value and are far and away safer than a buddy heater or some electrical contraption.
Oh I don't disagree with you. I have a full soft cab, insulation and a glass windshield. For me it works fine. If I was out in it in the winter for 8 hrs a day, might be a different story. And I hate more maintenance than I need. I don't wanna have to worry about vents or fans being clogged from summer riding. Lol.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Oh I don't disagree with you. I have a full soft cab, insulation and a glass windshield. For me it works fine. If I was out in it in the winter for 8 hrs a day, might be a different story. And I hate more maintenance than I need. I don't wanna have to worry about vents or fans being clogged from summer riding. Lol.

@Gabbas , my comment wasn’t directed at you, more the OP.

hard cab and no heater seems silly to me. A heater isn’t that much more expensive.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
vikes what heater do you have?
I have the aftermarket inferno heater. It cranks out the heat like crazy.

there’s hundreds of threads on the site about installing heaters. a simple search will yield many threads.

I do advise that you block the main radiator, it makes a big difference in engine warm up time and heat output of a heater if you install one.

advertisement
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use this simple 12v fan attached to the back window facing towards the windshield and it works great keeping the it from fogging up. No heat needed. It just keeps the air moving in the cab so the moisture doesn't stick the windshield. I was skeptical because I thought I was going to have to go the full heater route - which I did not. I would say that it worked down to the single digits while I was plowing for more than a hour.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!