P1000 skid question

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
anyone run the ricochet hybrid skids? Had the joy of putting a branch thru my side cover....time to make an upgrade
20200907 180423

Reactions: Biteme
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah, I learned the hard way, got to add protection
Ohh yeah that stock skid is like a G-string, I thought the OP was that even with the ricochet skid it busted through it. My bad! Definitely get some protection down there man, I did mine and to me I consider it one of the best investments. Good luck

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ohh yeah that stock skid is like a G-string, I thought the OP was that even with the ricochet skid it busted through it. My bad! Definitely get some protection down there man, I did mine and to me I consider it one of the best investments. Good luck
Oh, my bad. Yeah was out there commando. Just wanted to know if anyone thought the hybrid alum/plastic was the way to go

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The UHMW I think is what most people lean towards, they hold up the best I've been told. I made mine out of 1/4" aluminum, going on about 6 months now and its taken a few beatings like a champ. I don't ride much over extreme rocky terrain, mainly mud/rutts/wooded trails and I love it so far.

advertisement
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The UHMW I think is what most people lean towards, they hold up the best I've been told. I made mine out of 1/4" aluminum, going on about 6 months now and its taken a few beatings like a champ. I don't ride much over extreme rocky terrain, mainly mud/rutts/wooded trails and I love it so far.
I did the 1/2” UHMW from trail armor and love it, I’ve bounced it pretty hard a couple times, no problem, it also seems to slide over the mud/ruts real easily, very happy/glad I added it.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Trail armor is the way to go, aluminum wont slide on rocks if you dont have rock go for it
For sure I made mine from 3/8 aluminum because a got a ridiculous deal on it. I did notice that others slid right over ruts that would hang me up. I dont regret my choice because when I bolted the skid to the crossmembers it pulled them straight and cured a high speed decel vibration that I thought was normal. Its piece of mind that in no scenario should I have a hole in the bottom that I didn't cut.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!