SLOWPOKE goes short course racing

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Slowpoke got some awesome news Friday...

I recieved an email from Red Bull inviting me to race in a special event they are holding at Texplex on November 20th. The coolest part.... Red Bull only sent out 60 invites to this event and I somehow managed to get one of them!! 😎

Last edited:
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've been working on the car a bit.

This is either going to be an awesome idea or a stupid one.....
20211008 201130

20211008 201241

20211008 213524

I also picked up 4 new wheels and tires....
20211008 221653

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've been working on the car a bit.

This is either going to be an awesome idea or a stupid one.....
If you can get that filter setup to run properly, do your engine a favor and trash those filters before they trash your engine. Use some properly oiled Uni filters and protect that engine.

For simplicity, I think this dual throat filter will fit. Get a couple and clean/rotate between races...

H

HondaTech

If you can get that filter setup to run properly, do your engine a favor and trash those filters before they trash your engine. Use some properly oiled Uni filters and protect that engine.

For simplicity, I think this dual throat filter will fit. Get a couple and clean/rotate between races...

I got to say i wouldn't run a K&N on anything i own, but the Jackson setup on our race car has been flawless with the foam pre filter. Buy he does wash and oil every race.

Last edited:
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I got to say i wouldn't run a K&N on anything i own,.but thr Jackson setup on our race car has been flawless with the foam pre filter. Buy he does wash and oil every race.
"Foam Pre-Filter" is the key word in your statement!!! The K&N under it is doing almost nothing but holding the foam. You could use a course screen mesh in place of the K&N and get the same results.

The ONLY place I use a stand alone K&N is in a pre-filter situation, they work great for that.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've run K&N filters on lots of stuff and never had an issue. I also check, clean and oil my filters regularly so that may be part of it.

I've never had good luck with Uni Filters. Used them in my dirt track kart and a couple pit bikes I built to race and ended up swapping them for K&N's and Outerwears covers. All my Uni's let super fine dust past the filters and into the intake, the K&N's don't.

Worst case I wrap the filters with the red Uni foam I picked up on Amazon

H

HondaTech

"Foam Pre-Filter" is the key word in your statement!!! The K&N under it is doing almost nothing but holding the foam. You could use a course screen mesh in place of the K&N and get the same results.

The ONLY place I use a stand alone K&N is in a pre-filter situation, they work great for that.

The K&N is still pretty dirty afterwards, depending on the dust. I totally agree with not running them, but it seems to work in this case.

Reactions: Biteme and Squeegee
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
No going back to the stock air box for me unless I find a spare one. I cut the bottoms of both air box boots off and Gorilla glued them into the K&N filter bases so that they would "snap" onto the throttle body plate.

Anybody have an old airbox laying around they want to sell me the boots off in case my idea sucks? 😁

Reactions: Biteme and Squeegee
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
No going back to the stock air box for me unless I find a spare one. I cut the bottoms of both air box boots off and Gorilla glued them into the K&N filter bases so that they would "snap" onto the throttle body plate.

Anybody have an old airbox laying around they want to sell me the boots off in case my idea sucks? 😁
Call a few dealers. I needed one and my dealer just gave me one they removed from installing a Turbo and the customer didn't want it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!