1. 500
4A1E3C9E 6B73 48F1 BD7C 8476F54ED06F

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
A little more and smoother air. Did exhaust tip same day and motor feels and sounds 'freer'. Snorkel noise at first was a little annoying but now I don't notice it. The fartin in a mud puddle stock tip was worse. Now at upper cruise rpm's it sounds like a single should.

Reactions: monaco
GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
With dual pipes and a K&N mine seems to draw more air but you can tell by the pre-filter in the pic that one side is dominant.

View attachment 205086
I to am going to snorkel this summer due to major dust. I would like to come directly off the air box as many do, but am now concerned with the lack of a resonator. I read there can be negative engine affects if some type of resonator is not used. I read that @JCart was working on this issue but I did not find any conclusion. Anyone have additional information on this subject?

Last edited:
S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Dust was my main reason for snorkeling. Especially if rear curtain doesn't come off in time. Filter clogs really fast and I'm not the main user in 'dust' season. Resonator's muffle or change sound characteristics whether on an intake or exhaust system.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!