snorkel

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
Here is how i am doing mine. I will seal the air box and run vent lines.

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
20150301 174000

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That looks good. Great job and it doesn't seem that difficult to build. I do like the double snorkel.

Still scratching my head on why Honda chose such a construed design with the air box and intake location.

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
I think they did the best with what they had. I have been through water that should have went over the air box but didnt because of two things. Momentum mostly just pushing out a huge wake and the air box being in the rear. now the time i sucked water in the motor was when i got stuck and the wake came back it was touching the steering wheel. I knew i was screwed.

S

slacker

Feb 21, 2015
I like that...... not to hijack, but running that deep, what about the electronics under the seat ? I had a rhino before this 500 and it was all up high under the hood in a box... all the fuses battery etc being so low seems a concern, as I do ride fairly deep water and mud at times... just wondering what others are doing if anything ..

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
slacker said:
I like that...... not to hijack, but running that deep, what about the electronics under the seat ? I had a rhino before this 500 and it was all up high under the hood in a box... all the fuses battery etc being so low seems a concern, as I do ride fairly deep water and mud at times... just wondering what others are doing if anything ..
Well, if it is built like all the other Honda ATV's there is not a concern. Had my Rincon display deep a few times. Same with my old Rubicon and my buddies Foreman. Computer is sealed, relays are all sealed.. concern would be the add-on electronics such as a radio or fuse panel with standard "non-sealed" relays.

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
i am going to disconnect every electrical connection and apply a lot of dielectric grease. Also there is a material that is in a spray can form. Its supposed to make anything waterproof. I will also spray that on the rear of the display and coat the ecu. Just to be sure. Even if it doesnt work its still something to help.

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
As far as electronics i already bought a fuse block from autozone. I believe it has 6 connections with common power. Im going to pick up a waterproof box from walmart and install the fuseblock inside and mount in under the hood.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try delcity.com or waytek.com they have IP67 rated fuseblocks you can submerge them 6ft for an hour and they are waterproof.

They also have built in buss points and relay slots.

Look like this. (Cover is not shown its just out of the picture)

857f9a3feb173111c6033308ba1b4eba

You can also get HEAVY duty fused relays that are waterproof

8cb48163a5c8e25f3f3d9bd493fc80b8
One in the middle, one side is relay controlled and the other side is a fused throughput. 100amp rated contacts, can only find 60amp fuses to fit.

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
Thats pretty cool I will definitely check that out. Thank you.

C

cattaco

Oct 15, 2014
What did you use to attach your snorkel to the existing line? Did you just use pvc cement? And if so does it seem to be holding?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Like the snorkel idea did you have to change the carrier rack at all and what/how did you hang the snorkel to secure it?

Thanks again

jrc

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
I used a section of rubber hose to join the snorkle and the factory air tubing. I went to walmart and bought a tube of 100% waterproof silicone to seal the lid and every area water would possibly enter the system. i removed the rear rack so i could see everything i needed to seal.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!