S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
20150307 171818

Anthony_J

Anthony_J

Jul 6, 2015
20150307 171818
What are these lines connected to? and also I don't have my 500 snorkelled yet but I did take it out pretty deep (not over the intake) and although it got NO water in the airbox On the way home it was randomly stalling and had a hard time restarting. It only has about 200 km on it. I was wondering also have you had a problem with the battery and fuse panel box? its not sealed and I find that odd considering. Any advice would be great Im gonna snorkel my bike like yours, besides the air box what else did you seal and what other steps are there to make sure the bike doesn't get wrecked. Thanks! Also one last thing can you PLEASE give me a list of materials to do a snorkel like this one including the clear tubing for the air box and what not including size of the pvc piping and the size of the clear tubing and whatever fittings I need.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nice mods, thanks for sharing you setup.

joey400ex

joey400ex

Mar 18, 2015
How is this setup holding up, any issues yet?

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I plan on doing this same thing but I am thinking of going from 2.5 inch out of the box and reduce to 1.5 for pipes going up so I have no air restriction. Did you extend the diff vents etc. any others to think of?

trackerjoeh

trackerjoeh

Dec 27, 2015
i did mine same way you did yours have not had mine out sense i snorkeled it i also used two 1.5 inch pipes are you getting enough air to engine

trackerjoeh

trackerjoeh

Dec 27, 2015
just did it last night and live in town so can not take it out and see if it is getting proper air to engine

trackerjoeh

trackerjoeh

Dec 27, 2015
just took some pics do not know how to put them on here will have to have wife do it

trackerjoeh

trackerjoeh

Dec 27, 2015
the black hose you see in some of the pics is the gas vent be sure to use gas line other rubber hoses will break down . am going to the rear final gear case vent line next got late. also put aluminum skid plate on yesterday and used number 2 lock tight it is blue for skid plate some of the bolts were lose when i took them off to put new plate on 9 pounds with torque wrench when putting back on.did not snorkel mine to take in deep water last time i went riding a guy riding with us hit mud hole did not look bad but was very deep if i would have went first i would have got water in air intake so i did it for just in case .next waiting on a arm protecters

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!