P500 Snorkel

BThompson

BThompson

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2020
Potlatch Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I am looking to build a snorkel to help protect from the dust but I have never worked with PVC pipe before. What is the easiest method to measure and figure out what bends and diameter I need without buying a bunch of random peices and trying them?

Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
Not difficult at all really. 4 foot pc of 2" pvc. 2 90's and 1 22 degree elbows plus a 2" femco fitting and your good to go. Just twist fittings around till you get the right configuration, mark a line with magic marker on all connections so you know how to put it back together before gluing up.

IMG 1633 IMG 1621 IMG 1638 IMG 1642

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Buy a box of assorted fittings and couplers at Home Depot, then return what ya don’t use on your next shopping trip.

My Dad taught me that when I was a kid and he needed to change plumbing under the kitchen sink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stobiadas
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!