JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Guys,

Weather here has been cool down to -24 C, guessing -5 F and I've been ploughing a fair amount over the last week or so. KFI 66" plow, push tubes, mount plate, winch mount and Superwinch Terra 3500 with synthetic line. This system has worked awesome... have abused it significantly, in fact will order a new cutting edge soon (after I flip the original). Have put dings and dints in original side, it showing a bunch of wear.

Some suggestions:
Ensure you monitor mounting bolt tightness as they will come loose, especially the stock Honda bolts in bottom of plate. Be aware of how high you can lift blade as the tubes will contact and dint the front Honda bumper. Inspect the winch line, as mine is synthetic (with roller fairlead), I've reattached twice. Ensure you clean out axle boots after use so snow will not turn to ice and damage them.

If you lift/lower blade a lot an auxilliary battery is a good idea. My Blue Sea Mini is working as expected however the auxilliary battery is too small at least for this cold of weather and cycles I put it through. Pushing snow up at the end of every run with lights on it will last for 4 hours or so, (constant use), combined with cool temps runs it down. Not a big deal as I throw on charger after each use for now. When warm weather comes I'll be looking at larger capacity battery I'm thinking.

Lastly anyone use a flat synthetic strap for a plow winch line? Just wondering as a flat might not bind and also be lower on the spool therefore using less power?

j

Last edited:
Reactions: FuzzyGrub
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have used the flat strap and love it. Why wife finally broke it after a year and a half of running it. I used a strap from harbor freight and just cut it in half so I had a spare. I took the hook of the winch line and thimble off and just put the end of the line through the loop. The nice thing about it is if you let too much out it doesn't rats nest on the spool. Give it a try.
2160 lb. Capacity 1-3/4 in. x 15 ft. Heavy Duty Tow Strap

Reactions: JCart
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Guys,

Weather here has been cool down to -24 C, guessing -5 F and I've been ploughing a fair amount over the last week or so. KFI 66" plough, push tubes, mount plate, winch mount and Superwinch Terra 3500 with synthetic line. This system has worked awesome... have abused it significantly, in fact will order a new cutting edge soon (after I flip the original). Have put dings and dints in original side, it showing a bunch of wear.

Some suggestions:
Ensure you monitor mounting bolt tightness as they will come loose, especially the stock Honda bolts in bottom of plate. Be aware of how high you can lift blade as the tubes will contact and dint the front Honda bumper. Inspect the winch line, as mine is synthetic (with roller fairlead), I've reattached twice. Ensure you clean out axle boots after use so snow will not turn to ice and damage them.

If you lift/lower blade a lot an auxilliary battery is a good idea. My Blue Sea Mini is working as expected however the auxilliary battery is too small at least for this cold of weather and cycles I put it through. Pushing snow up at the end of every run with lights on it will last for 4 hours or so, (constant use), combined with cool temps runs it down. Not a big deal as I throw on charger after each use for now. When warm weather comes I'll be looking at larger capacity battery I'm thinking.

Lastly anyone use a flat synthetic strap for a plough winch line? Just wondering as a flat might not bind and also be lower on the spool therefore using less power?

j
So our friends to the north plow is spelled plough eh?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So our friends to the north plow is spelled plough eh?
Hey Alan,
Umm well yes sir in terms of a verb. And as my last name is of British decent, I thought I'd see who was paying attention and use the British spelling. Bahahahaa.... ok ok so my spell checker must be set on British English. I thought plow was spelled well as plow... but it kept changing it to plough. So the good news I learned today is Canadian and US spelling is plow, British and other non North America jurisdictions it's plough, according to Wikipedia. Unless you use the word in the context of a verb.... then it's plough.

So I edited my post save for the title as I don't know how to edit that, no wait, no that could be correct too now that I re read it. Heh heh.

j

Reactions: Gassygordo
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Alan,
Umm well yes sir in terms of a verb. And as my last name is of British decent, I thought I'd see who was paying attention and use the British spelling. Bahahahaa.... ok ok so my spell checker must be set on British English. I thought plow was spelled well as plow... but it kept changing it to plough. So the good news I learned today is Canadian and US spelling is plow, British and other non North America jurisdictions it's plough, according to Wikipedia. Unless you use the word in the context of a verb.... then it's plough.

So I edited my post save for the title as I don't know how to edit that, no wait, no that could be correct too now that I re read it. Heh heh.

j
Spell checker rules the world.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!