BOX1

P500 Snowed here today, just a teaser but got me thinking.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Snowed overnight 2cm of wet snow, forecast is for more, roughly 5cms in next day or two, not a big deal but cooler weather is coming. So who has a snow blower with front mount engine hooked up to their P500? How well does it work, what brand and what cost? Any suggestions from those that run one would be appreciated.
Thanks, cheers,
j

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Seems kinda odd that no one has ran a snow blower on the front of the P5, perhaps too small of a machine?.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Company call berco makes them. There are a few knockoffs. Some have an engine front mounted, some are in the back of the UTV on a sub frame, and some run off a hydraulic APU that you place in the bed of you utv.

honestly they are clunky and slow. They are expensive too starting at $3500.

I push snow with my 72” Denali plow until I run out of space and the hit the pile with my 8’ blower on the back of my 75 HP IH tractor.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Company call berco makes them. There are a few knockoffs. Some have an engine front mounted, some are in the back of the UTV on a sub frame, and some run off a hydraulic APU that you place in the bed of you utv.

I push snow with my 72” Denali plow until I run out of space and the hit the pile with my 8’ blower on the back of my 75 HP IH tractor.
What IH do you have?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I forgot to mention that the other issue is that your P500 maynot be able to go slow enough.

R

rickoshea

i had a snowblower on my craftsman lawn tractor.i used it 1 season and won't use it again.now it's a walk behind 32" and a 72" on the pioneer.it's just too clunky and a royal pain to swap back over to the mower deck,and impossible to use in tight spaces and around porches.it may be ok for just doing driveways but that's about it.cheaper to just put on a plow.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Snowed overnight 2cm of wet snow, forecast is for more, roughly 5cms in next day or two, not a big deal but cooler weather is coming. So who has a snow blower with front mount engine hooked up to their P500? How well does it work, what brand and what cost? Any suggestions from those that run one would be appreciated.
Thanks, cheers,
j

I have a friend who has a front mount on his P1000-5 (UTV / ATV Universal 60" Snowblower With Universal Mount. 420cc Engine | eBay) same unit as "Vikes79" post in this thread. He has used it very little as he got it late in winter season last year. He says it works great however there was some fabrication involved to get it properly attached as it is a generic mounting system. I looked into one for my P500 but opted on a plow due to added maintenance on another engine and the fact that I would have to store a large implement throughout the year. The snow blower unit's I have looked into have all had poor reviews and after looking at my buddy's I have to say they are rather cheaply made. Thin steel and cutting edge and light duty looking auger and propeller. I have been happy with my Moose 60in plow with the RM4 mounting system It allows the plow to raise up very high and it is a quick disconnect. I ordered it through Dennis Kirk (www.denniskirk.com). If you decide to go with this setup get the pulley that mounts to the plow bracket for the cable to run through or the speed of the plow moving up and down is way too fast. The P500 pushes like mad and I haven't had a single issue. I installed chains right away however I have heard that they are not necessarily a must have. Good luck. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out if you go the snow blower route.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for insight Fellas, my 66” KFI is serving me well, it’s when you run out of side cast room. Therefore thought perhaps a blower might be the ticket. Interesting about ground speed might be too fast with P5, suppose it depends on a number of factors like how deep it is, how heavy it is and if compacted (like by a plough truck).

Anyways keep the info coming thanks so far.
j

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, cheers,
j
No way,and here I am in North Carolina,U.S.A. ,sweating with gnats in my ears and mouth.LoL

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!