So, whats wore out?

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looking at tires, what do most people call worn out? For years( and no real good reason) i have replaced tires on everything I have owned when they get to within 1/8in of the wear indicators. What say you?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looking at tires, what do most people call worn out? For years( and no real good reason) i have replaced tires on everything I have owned when they get to within 1/8in of the wear indicators. What say you?
I've run through two sets of tires on mine and I started to squirm before the tires were really done. The stockers because of the reputation for not being all that 'tough' and a set of Chicane RX (2 fronts, 4 rears). The Chicanes were looking really thin when I was down your way last fall, when I got home, they got replaced with BFG K02s which are wearing really well at 2300 miles (the first pair of rear Chicanes were just about 'done' at that mileage).

I wanted to try the KM3s next, just cuz, but they aren't available in 15" and they aren't DOT (but I can't plate anyway). The reason for that is - LT tires can ride a bit harsh and I wanted to see if the UTV KM3s were softer riding.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Replace at first flat.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!