P1000 Soft Doors w/ Super ATV winshield

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m running my Honda soft doors (old style) and had to make some slight modifications to the piece that attaches to ROPS with velcro behind lower windshield.

Pretty sure SATV states that Seizmik soft doors won’t work with windshield, which sucks since they look like a good option.

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have the SATV flip up windshield and that appears to lock me out of selecting the Seizmik soft doors. Based on research Seizmik was my #1 selection. #2 appears to be Honda. Any feedback on the new Honda uppers? or is there another good soft upper that I am missing?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I have the SATV flip up windshield and that appears to lock me out of selecting the Seizmik soft doors. Based on research Seizmik was my #1 selection. #2 appears to be Honda. Any feedback on the new Honda uppers? or is there another good soft upper that I am missing?
CEC enclosure is what I'm probably gonna buy this winter. They are only on Facebook.

Reactions: Jacks
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've got the updated honda soft f
Doors for the front. I feel that they work well. Id compare the fit to an older jeep. They block the majority of wind but there are gaps. I have more issues with the lower door gaps at this point than with the upper soft doors. Last winter I rode in a hoodie while the outside temp was in the 20s I was comfortable. We've also used them in several storms and they work well to keep the wheather off of us.

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ohio4x4 what type of Windshield do you have on with your Honda uppers?

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did call and talk with Seizmik rep and their uppers are not compatible with SATV windshield. The door hinge mount is in the same place as the lower windshield clamp. They tried to come up with a new design solution but failed.

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CEC enclosure is what I'm probably gonna buy this winter. They are only on Facebook.
Looks like a well made product...I just don't want to have to unzip every time I open door.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ohio4x4 what type of Windshield do you have on with your Honda uppers?
I've got the honda hard coat 2 piece on now. I'll be switching to the satv flip when I get the chance. The way the plastic shielding meets the a pillar there shouldn't be any issues adapting it to fit with the satv windshield. I've already notched them to fit with the chupacabra mirrors.

Reactions: TripleB
Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the honda hard coat 2 piece on now. I'll be switching to the satv flip when I get the chance. The way the plastic shielding meets the a pillar there shouldn't be any issues adapting it to fit with the satv windshield. I've already notched them to fit with the chupacabra mirrors.
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated. I'll being going with the Honda uppers and the fabric enclosure behind the cab as well.

M

miller244time

Oct 6, 2020
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated. I'll being going with the Honda uppers and the fabric enclosure behind the cab as well.
Jack, Checking if you bought the Honda Soft Fabric upper front doors as that is my combo as well. I have the SuperATV flip windshield and want to buy the Honda soft upper doors and Honda Fabric mid-panel. If so how did they mesh up?

Thumbnail IMG 2243 Thumbnail IMG 2242

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jack, Checking if you bought the Honda Soft Fabric upper front doors as that is my combo as well. I have the SuperATV flip windshield and want to buy the Honda soft upper doors and Honda Fabric mid-panel. If so how did they mesh up?

View attachment 243864 View attachment 243865
I went with the Honda gen 2 upper doors and Honda mid panel. The combo works well, I did ditch my mirrors for a more simple install, I have a rear view anyway.

9F5FD9A3 1637 4553 A650 27102AA20371
986F1E20 D6CE 4BA7 B2B3 F15B107E2F67
9F1C6BDD 311C 4DBC 9BAF 58904792DB0A

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the seizmik, it does take some modification to the door and the lower portion of the windshield. Unless you are ready to do some cutting etc to both door and windshield I‘d go with the gen 2 Honda door. It is nice how the side mirrors work with the seizmik though.

5DA7203D C388 4C87 9AAC 53EA4C66E84E
4FCFE522 C190 481C 96E6 B6C2A5321BCC

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the exact same set up as russ. I rode windrock all day today and I never put on a jacket. I also have my access panel under the dash removed so it puts heat in the cab also.
I removed my access panel as well, it’s a comfortable ride. I kick on my fan override every now and then to get some extra warm air.

Reactions: Coeus and TripleB
Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 243864 View attachment 243865
I like them as they lock up pretty tight and the mid panel fits really snug as well. I do not have rearview mirrors on the outside of mine so did not have to deal with that aspect of the install. I see your from ND so know your going to be in the cold. I took square foam lengths used to insulate around air conditioner to seal around the top. Glued two together and made a slit along the bottom and slipped it over the top of the windshield to seal above that. Also used a couple different kinds of stick on weather seal around doors and windshield. Drilled small holes and used plastic push pins to attached the seal around front and bottom of doors. Probably cost about $75 all in but really worth it otherwise thereis just too much air flow coming in. Pushed snow yesterday in my shirt at about 20 degrees.

M

miller244time

Oct 6, 2020
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like them as they lock up pretty tight and the mid panel fits really snug as well. I do not have rearview mirrors on the outside of mine so did not have to deal with that aspect of the install. I see your from ND so know your going to be in the cold. I took square foam lengths used to insulate around air conditioner to seal around the top. Glued two together and made a slit along the bottom and slipped it over the top of the windshield to seal above that. Also used a couple different kinds of stick on weather seal around doors and windshield. Drilled small holes and used plastic push pins to attached the seal around front and bottom of doors. Probably cost about $75 all in but really worth it otherwise thereis just too much air flow coming in. Pushed snow yesterday in my shirt at about 20 degrees.
Thanks for the update, I ordered the Gen2 Honda doors and mid panel. I was doing the same, researching foam "gap" fillers to seal it up a bit more.

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For what its worth....Took my P-5 out to the lake on the trailer to do some ice fishing this weekend. We kept it at about 55mph but had no issues with all plastic up. Foam stayed in place as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!