Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the Honda gen 2 upper doors and Honda mid panel. The combo works well, I did ditch my mirrors for a more simple install, I have a rear view anyway.

View attachment 243866View attachment 243867View attachment 243868
Thanks.
I sent my Seizmik upper kit back because it looked like a lot of hacking to fit with a SuperATV flip up.

Bought the Gen 2 and as @Russ989 's pictures point out, the A pillar plastic in the Gen 2 kit requires notching out for the SuperATV flip up clamps. My oem Honda roof edge also looks like it may slightly interfere with opening and closing, loose mockup.

Adding a Honda mid panel, arriving soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD and Scoop
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20231231 144353

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20240101 112911

20240101 112840

20240101 132315

20240101 161445

I'll add bulb seals, removable knob bolts and a final adjustment.
This kit does require modification to fit up with a SuperATV flip windshield.

Trimming the kit's A pillar pieces to match the windshield mounts.
And trimming the A pillar seal pieces that strap along the top side roll bar.

They close hard but need adjustment.

The seal is pretty good for a soft enclosure.

Now to figure out mirror mount plates to reinstall my Honda mirrors.

Last edited:
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are those prongs there to keep you from being ejected in the event of a rollover?

Reactions: ChadD
Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 413390
View attachment 413391
View attachment 413393
View attachment 413394
I'll add bulb seals, removable knob bolts and a final adjustment.
This kit does require modification to fit up with a SuperATV flip windshield.

Trimming the kit's A pillar pieces to match the windshield mounts.
And trimming the A pillar seal pieces that strap along the top side roll bar.

They close hard but need adjustment.

The seal is pretty good for a soft enclosure.

Now to figure out mirror mount plates to reinstall my Honda mirrors.
What tools did you use to do the trimming? Anything you would have done different in hind sight?

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What tools did you use to do the trimming? Anything you would have done different in hind sight?

4" Dewalt angle grinder, dremmel with cutting wheel and buffing attachment, razor knife, square and angle finder.
Cut half of what you think first, to avoid over cut and leaving big ugly gaps around the window hinges.

This sounds anal and a picture could probably explain it better...

Only thing I'd maybe do differently, is not push in the door frame at the handle while marking the drill holes for the rivnut.
I centered the rivnut and the doors close harder than had I allowed the rivnut to be slightly off center or marked them with the uppers relaxed or open..

I then had to widen the holes in the frame for the rivnut knob bolts to start.
Still all good.
PM if pictures or whatever can help your fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjoreo and Hogwild
Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 413649
4" Dewalt angle grinder, dremmel with cutting wheel and buffing attachment, razor knife, square and angle finder.
Cut half of what you think first, to avoid over cut and leaving big ugly gaps around the window hinges.

This sounds anal and a picture could probably explain it better...

Only thing I'd maybe do differently, is not push in the door frame at the handle while marking the drill holes for the rivnut.
I centered the rivnut and the doors close harder than had I allowed the rivnut to be slightly off center or marked them with the uppers relaxed or open..

I then had to widen the holes in the frame for the rivnut knob bolts to start.
Still all good.
PM if pictures or whatever can help your fit.
Thanks for the great information and insight. I finally got my soft doors mounted with my super ATV windshield. I learned a couple of things as I progressed beyond all the great things this thread taught me. And having measured the rivnut placement two different ways mine are slightly off center as you suggested. I have found no great way to get this placed in what I would call the ideal position. I am still considering enlarging the frame holes but so far I can get them started and I will call that a tie, I did not win that battle. One side really sucks to get started. Here’s a couple pictures. I will post some additional pictures of the install and things I did to help me. Last I will share what I am thinking of for mirrors - more to come on a mirror thought.

Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is how I held the brackets in position to Mount them. I removed the outer door color trim while i was mounting these brackets. Once I measured the placement about 5 times I found these clamps to be great and allowed minor adjustments. Further a #2 old fashion pencil was a great measurement check tool on the bottom alignment. Along the length of the bracket even thought the photo only shows the center.

IMG 8138 IMG 8111 IMG 8109

Reactions: ChadD and Coeus
Hogwild

Hogwild

Sep 21, 2022
Nor cal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the great information and insight. I finally got my soft doors mounted with my super ATV windshield. I learned a couple of things as I progressed beyond all the great things this thread taught me. And having measured the rivnut placement two different ways mine are slightly off center as you suggested. I have found no great way to get this placed in what I would call the ideal position. I am still considering enlarging the frame holes but so far I can get them started and I will call that a tie, I did not win that battle. One side really sucks to get started. Here’s a couple pictures. I will post some additional pictures of the install and things I did to help me. Last I will share what I am thinking of for mirrors - more to come on a mirror thought.

IMG 8112 IMG 8129 IMG 8125

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!