P1000 Soft doors

J

Joker 02

Apr 12, 2019
Midwest
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pk-3 with oem hard back, roof,and tilt out windshield. I would like to install soft doors . If anyone has this setup do the doors cause more or less dust in the cab. Also is there a condensation problem in winter? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
J

Jason-2119

Jan 6, 2020
Central MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
l have the OEM glass windshield, hard back, hard roof, and OEM soft doors, don't know about dust but it does keep the cold wind out for the most part. The bottom of the doors and sides have gaps that you have to put some weather stripping in. I'm just happy for most of the wind to keep out. In no way is it tight. Gets a little cold up here in MN

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the same results with the two piece windshield. The lower door gaps are the issue and the lower corners of the windshield are the bigger air leaks. Dust isn't an issue. We use them a bit when it's hot if its dusty with the cab closed up. I'm not a mask fan dust or otherwise lol. I'm in ohio and use mine year round.

Reactions: TripleB
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OEM glass, top, rear. CEC Enclosures soft top doors. I like. I don't know about dust but as far as cold winter and rain +++++

Reactions: Ohio4x4
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you put the doors on you will find out where all the other cab leaks are. I have the front and back doors both on my 1000-5. The fronts aren't too bad about dust but like everyone has said there is quite a bit of air that leaks around the lower doors that could be fixed. If you are really wanting to seal it off make sure you invest in one of the covers for the shifter because you will get alot of cold air through there. The biggest dust generator inside the cab is the gap of the lower rear doors but you don't have to worry about that. Even with their faults they sure make a winter ride much more enjoyable.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pk-3 with oem hard back, roof,and tilt out windshield. I would like to install soft doors . If anyone has this setup do the doors cause more or less dust in the cab. Also is there a condensation problem in winter? Thanks in advance.

i have the same set up with soft doors and don't have any issues with dust or condensation. They make a huge difference in cold weather.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!