P700 Spare tire..anyone find a fit or want to split a set??

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Wanting a real spare tire. Would really like a spacesaver type but can't find narrow 4x110 wheels.

Stock new wheels are affordable new but tires are pricey.

Local dealer here will sell me a new full set of four for $200. Decent deal for sure, but I need one. then also I have two fronts and two rears (different offsets) etc.

So #1- Anyone have a better idea?

#2- If I got these four, anyone else around TX/OK/CO want one for $50??

Greg

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just used a black steel ITP wheel ($35 from Rocky Mountain ATV) and put the same tire on it that I have on my rig but you could put a cheap one on too for your spare.

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
I just used a black steel ITP wheel ($35 from Rocky Mountain ATV) and put the same tire on it that I have on my rig but you could put a cheap one on too for your spare.

Yeah thats the option I see...but the tires are pricey! :)

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
I was surfin Motosport the other night and they had Motorsport Alloy bronze 12" on clearance for $30!! SO I just ordered one and a tire for my spare.

My rig has 14" on it, but 12 will work fine for spare/emergency. I didn't want full size taking that much space wherever I mount it. I really want to suspend it from the ROPS above the rear seats but doubting it will work with my soft top....may get a chance to test fit stuff tomorrow and fab something up....time and temp will tell...its was 105+ heat index here today...UGH.