P700 Speed governor/limiter?

v908

v908

Feb 14, 2020
Santa Clarita, CA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've got a 2020 P700 and would like to consider letting my grandkids drive it around the yard a bit. Trouble is, they can easily get in over their head in "stock" form. I'd like to do something to limit its speed, but am not sure what the possibilities might be. Obviously, I could leave the driver's seat belt unbuckled, but that's just stupid from a safety standpoint (I want them buckled in). Does anyone have any other ideas on what could be done (and easily undone) to limit the speed/acceleration? Given the fuel injection, I don't think I can do the same types of things that I could with a carb, but perhaps a throttle stop or something? I'm open to suggestions.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You could install a switch in the seatbelt circuit so it doesn't complete, even with buckled in. Of course, this will cause the light to blink all the time...

Reactions: Mudwing
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Block or screw under the gas pedal.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!