P1000 Spider scratches on wind sheild

J

JeremyHamilton16

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2019
Nashville Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have a chemical resolution to fix the spider scratches on your windshield? I have a stock 1000-5 and the last owner used t-shirt material to clean off the plastic so now it has those bad swirly scratches on it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What brand of
Does anyone have a chemical resolution to fix the spider scratches on your windshield? I have a stock 1000-5 and the last owner used t-shirt material to clean off the plastic so now it has those bad swirly scratches on it.
What brand of Windshield?

J

JeremyHamilton16

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2019
Nashville Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 3675
IMG 3676

J

JTW

I’ve heard pledge helps.. but I think you’ll have to just find a polishing compound if you’re going to attempt to remove them. There have been a couple members do this and create threads on it. Realistically, plastic windshields just eventually have to be replaced. The hard coat windshields are a a better way to go... and for future reference, I think most of us prefer the SATV flip out.

advertisement
J

JeremyHamilton16

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2019
Nashville Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve heard pledge helps.. but I think you’ll have to just find a polishing compound if you’re going to attempt to remove them. There have been a couple members do this and create threads on it. Realistically, plastic windshields just eventually have to be replaced. The hard coat windshields are a a better way to go... and for future reference, I think most of us prefer the SATV flip out.

What is the SATV flipout? Is that the windshield with the shocks on the side?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure most of the HFAWHA members use an alcoholic chemical solution, they consume it until they can't see any scratches, then go out for night rides. :p

On a serious note, I've read where several people have used the headlight restoring solution for car plastic headlight lenses. Don't know personally if that works.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!