P1000 Squeaks, Rattles and Other Adjustments

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Please post any adjustments or proven fixes for common noises and fitment problems on new Hondas.
I'm new to Hondas, I'm sure there will be many more new owners soon. Any info or links to threads are appreciated.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Please post any adjustments or proven fixes for common noises and fitment problems on new Hondas.
I'm new to Hondas, I'm sure there will be many more new owners soon. Any info or links to threads are appreciated.

The first thing I did was put shims (washers) on the door hinges. Tightened them right up. I still use electrical tape to eliminate the rattle but the spacers eliminate the door wobble

Reactions: Shannon840 and pct
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I wrapped the latches for the dump bed in electrical tape and that seemed to help a lot too. My dealer had already adjusted my doors so there was no rattles there.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
I wrapped the bed latches with electrical tape also.

Reactions: pct
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wrapped the bed latches and door latches with gorilla tape. it cured all my squeaks and rattles.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
C

Catdoz1

Feb 8, 2017
Orlando
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used heat shrink on the door latches and bed latch. It's real derable

IMG 7575 IMG 7576 IMG 7577

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a 2016 1000 delux 5 seat. Have 50 miles on it from mainly two outings on gravel roads. Yesterday was out riding and when I would stop and then take off there was a squeak and from looking at other post sounded like coming from front brakes. So thought I might have a piece of gravel hung up on brake pads. Took both front brakes apart and found nothing. But noticed there was no lubricant on the top and bottom pieces of metal that the pads sit in. I think they are known as anti squeal tins. Also nothing between caliper and back of brake pad. Both lubercant and a non metallic piece is on my truck disc brakes and wondering if the squeal is because of the above mentioned. Pads looked in good shape and squeal piece on inside of brake pad is far from being close to the caliper. Noise would com and go.

Reactions: scottf
Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So after doing more research on internet. I went and purchased permatex disc brake grease applied it to back of brake pads and all parts were brake pads had metal to metal contact and now my squeak is gone. Going to do my rear brakes tomorrow

Reactions: Upstatefreedom

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!