P1000 SSV install Tips

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello

I am close to the 100 mile service probably get the last 15 miles tonight.
While I am at the service I am going to install the SSV works system in it with the rear speakers. The instructions are a little messy does anybody have pics of their install as well as any tips to share before I get going on this project?

I got all the Honda hardware and fuse block etc, seems I should have pieced it together like I did on the p700 when I added the second battery, but was hoping for a cleaner look under the hood. Hope it works out.

Thank you

Reactions: Backwoods and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Many of the instructions are overcomplicated. They literally want you to take the entire dash out to install a winch.
The OEM fuse box does give it a nice look and if you are going with OEM accessories they will fit right up.
NOTE: make sure you get the proper year accessory otherwise you will have the 2021 year accessory connectors.

And if the above does happen, I have DIY pigtails you can change the end out or install your own accessories.

Reactions: Backwoods
I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Many of the instructions are overcomplicated. They literally want you to take the entire dash out to install a winch.
The OEM fuse box does give it a nice look and if you are going with OEM accessories they will fit right up.
NOTE: make sure you get the proper year accessory otherwise you will have the 2021 year accessory connectors.

And if the above does happen, I have DIY pigtails you can change the end out or install your own accessories.
Thank you I’ll need those at some point and saw the switch for key on and off aux power. I like to run the stereo at camp or catfishing at night with the second battery

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thank you I’ll need those at some point and saw the switch for key on and off aux power. I like to run the stereo at camp or catfishing at night with the second battery
Kool. I can make a custom one for better fitment on the OEM fuse box when you are ready to add that.
Thanks.

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4

I hope they gave me the correct stuff I picked up a new 1000-5 trail and the SSV works up from the dealer Saturday. All these boxes sitting here waiting to be installed, dealer wanted 600 to do the install. I said no to that