Calendar St. Helen ORV Jam [Aug 10, 2018] (Richfield Township, MI)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

From the Facebook page - 2018 St. Helen ORV Jam

Capture

Official class lists for all of this years events as well as important notes to be aware of...

ATV/SXS SHOW & SHINE COMPETITION
**FRIDAY 8/10 6-9PM**
Best Audio
Brightest Machine
Most Unique

SAND DRAGS:
**SATURDAY 8/11 RACES START 10AM**
Kids up to 12
Kids 13-15
Off Road Motorcycles
Atvs 350 & Under (stock)
Atvs 351-599(stock)
Atvs 600 & up (stock)
Modified ATVs
***1 HR INTERMISSION BTWN. ATV & SXS CLASSES***
SxS Utility/Sport 899 & Under
SxS 900 & Up Non-Turbo
SxS 900 & Up Turbo
Modified SXSs

MUD BOG:
**SUNDAY 8/12 RACES START 10AM**
Kids up to 12
Kids 13-15
Atvs 2WD
Atvs 4x4 up to 599(stock)
Atvs 4x4 600cc and up (stock)
Modified ATVs
SxS Utility/Sport 899 & Under
SxS Utility /Sport 900 & Up
SxS Turbo/Modified Open

KIDS POWER WHEELS GRASS DRAGS(10 & Under)
**SATURDAY 8/11 1PM**
Plastic Tires Class
Rubber Tire Class

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1) This is not a sanctioned race event this is a fun event meant for all levels of experience & ages to participate all with the goal of raising funds to give back to our ORV friendly community! While we all like to win, lets all remember to encourage everyone & to practice good sportsmanship. ANY displays of poo sportsmanship or unruly conduct will lead to your immediate disqualification and removal from the event.

2) The fee for registration for the main Sand & mud events is $10 per rider per class and we also encourage a non-perishable food item for the WeFeed Food Pantry. There is NO FEE to participate in the Show & shine or Kids power wheels grass drags event.

3) This year we have purchased equipment to allow the timing system to read to a computer. Please allow patience as our volunteers will be learning the equipment. We also ask that you please wait for class time sheets to be posted in the pavilion rather than asking event staff what your times were. They are very busy working on scoring and preparing registration paperwork and its can be VERY distracting being asked over and over to look up individual times. We know you are excited and we will do our very best to get them posted up ASAP in the pavilion area!

4) Honesty is the policy when you are registering your Bike/ATV/ SXS into classes. While it may not be caught at registration that there are modifications or your not in the proper class, the staff at each events staging will be looking over vehicles. Please be aware that you will be bumped to the appropriate class if it is determined necessary by event staff.

5) These events are for ATVS, SXSS & Off Road Motorcycles. While we know that trucks, Jeeps & sand rails are ORVs too we just do not have the space on our sand drag strip or in our mud pits to accommodate these vehicles at this time.

6) We do not allow Nitrous for the sand drags because at this time we do not have long enough track so we can allow for a proper amount of shut down to safely accommodate machines with nitrous.

7)For the kids up to 12 classes participants must be on a 200cc or smaller machine. No DNR safety course certificate is required.

8) Kids 13-15 class participants will need to have a valid DNR safety course certificate. There is one being held by the DirtPackers St Helen on Saturday August 4th. Certificates will be issued on site so that will be your last chance to get them in time for the ORV Jam.

9)For the Mud Bog Classes Kids classes will be first. The Modified ATV & SXS classes will be run last to keep it fair for stock & smaller machines. We did add this year a new class, SXS Turbo/Modified Open. We have grouped these two together to see how much interest we get. If we see that there is need next year we will review classes and break out as needed. Excessively oversized tires qualify as a modification and the event staff will be looking over machines and have the final say on what is/is not considered modified.

10) Yes we are continuing to allow paddle tires for the sand drag classes. We will offer separate classed from modified ATVs & SXSs. Non stock turbos, non stock long travel kits, lowered, weight reduction etc are considered modifications. Event staff will be looking over machines and have the final say on what is/is not considered modified.

11) With there only being sand drags on Saturday we are adding a 1hr intermission between ATV & SXS classes this year. We will use this time to allow the track to be groomed & prepped as well as let our volunteers take a break. We also will be setting a time limit from last call for each class. If you have not entered the class up staging area within that time frame you missed out. We do not want to squeeze anyone out but we want to avoid delays!! We also are hoping that this will help with the chaotic staging area we worked through last year.

If your going, please RSVP so we will know who to look for. Thanks.
[RSVP=13864]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

PistonHonda - 2

Total: 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Your birthday! I’ll leave a gift for you alright! :p

Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That place will be dead other than Saturday. I'd like to order a shirt but if it's that rainbow colored sh** like the sticker then I don't want one. Maybe for the wives...and Piston for his 60th birthday! :D
Hehehehe

D

Deleted member 3748

That place will be dead other than Saturday. I'd like to order a shirt but if it's that rainbow colored sh** like the sticker then I don't want one. Maybe for the wives...and Piston for his 60th birthday! :D
Sunday is mud day! I'm kind of curious to see how it goes too. But they made a good point, the sand drags take so long to finish there's no time for anything else. Last year's shirt was black with green letters. The year before was orange with black. I don't think they'll be the rainbow shirts. LOL The stickers may be though... :(

And about that birthday comment...
Hondac200

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sunday is mud day! I'm kind of curious to see how it goes too. But they made a good point, the sand drags take so long to finish there's no time for anything else. Last year's shirt was black with green letters. The year before was orange with black. I don't think they'll be the rainbow shirts. LOL The stickers may be though... :(

View attachment 72464
Hay...how about the hippo? Lol

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 72464
:D:D:D:D

D

Deleted member 3748

The format for the sand drags is different for this year. Staging area is north of the track just like last year, but you will only be there for your two runs. Spectators will be south of the track just like last year, but no machines will be allowed so pack some chairs. SxS parking for the spectators isn't far away from the track so your stuff will be close by. Basically, you'll be on the spectator side without your SxS until it's time to go to the staging area. You'll run your two races, then back to the spectator area without your SxS. Or off to the St. Helen trails for riding.

I'm working this event so I won't be posting a meeting time or area for anyone going but feel free to use this thread to set something up.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!