Calendar St. Helen ORV Jam [Aug 10, 2018] (Richfield Township, MI)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

New event added for Friday night. Are you going to be ready @trigger ?

This year Friday night at the 2018 St. Helen ORV Jam is going to be jammed packed with fun things to do!! Bring a chair & enjoy watching the worlds first ATV/SXS Sound system competition. This is one of our show & shine classes along with Most LED Accessories & Most Unique Machine also classes.

This is a FREE event just show up and enter! Prizes & Trophy for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners in all 3 show & shine categories (sound, light & overall ).

First Ever Off Road Sound Off

Capture

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What's funny is that it's not the worlds first. There are videos on youtube of these stereo competitions and they use a decibel meter. So I probably wouldn't win as some of them are just screaming highs which register high on the meter. Mine is tuned more for sound quality. Only way I could place or win would be for the 50" class or something. Would be cool to see though. :cool:

D

Deleted member 3748

What's funny is that it's not the worlds first. There are videos on youtube of these stereo competitions and they use a decibel meter. So I probably wouldn't win as some of them are just screaming highs which register high on the meter. Mine is tuned more for sound quality. Only way I could place or win would be for the 50" class or something. Would be cool to see though. :cool:
I was pretty suspicious of the 'World's First' claim myself. Coincidentally, I was getting a new remote starter installed in my Ford and the guy who owns the remote starter company is the guy who's hosting the event. He does remote starters, audio systems, things like that.

If you're already at the campground, it's probably not too far to St. Helen. 30 mins or so? You could run over and see how you do. I've never been there on Friday night and don't know how many people may show up. Could be 1... could be 1000.

D

Deleted member 3748

The final event details have been updated in the first post.

I also know the Mud Brothers club is sending a group down for the Sunday mud bogs. Should be a good show.

D

Deleted member 3748

The wife and I worked the ORV Jam this year as photographers. We're not professionals, but we do a decent job. We shot over 1,000 photos and posted a few hundred. The photos are posted on FB but I think you can see them without a FB account.

You can see them here. >>> Sand Drags >>> Mud Drags

If you want to see a sand drag from the cockpit

Here's our Honda brother dominating the mud.

39137877 1333828093386921 4708557828967628800 n1

And a sweet photo of a Honda dirt bike
39054778 1333035443466186 5638209062169477120 n1

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The wife and I worked the ORV Jam this year as photographers. We're not professionals, but we do a decent job. We shot over 1,000 photos and posted a few hundred. The photos are posted on FB but I think you can see them without a FB account.

You can see them here. >>> Sand Drags >>> Mud Drags

If you want to see a sand drag from the cockpit

Here's our Honda brother dominating the mud.

View attachment 83979

And a sweet photo of a Honda dirt bike
View attachment 83980

How did the sound competition go? Was hoping to see some video of that. Wish I could've made it but had a wedding to go to and it would have been a whole lotta driving.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

How did the sound competition go? Was hoping to see some video of that. Wish I could've made it but had a wedding to go to and it would have been a whole lotta driving.
I didn't go to the sound competition because I was driving back north Friday night. The wife likes me to be home every once in a while. ;) I heard it went really well though. The highest dB recorded was 94.3,

Reactions: Plumber32
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I didn't go to the sound competition because I was driving back north Friday night. The wife likes me to be home every once in a while. ;) I heard it went really well though. The highest dB recorded was 94.3,

94.3 ?!! I think I would have taken it. Haven't thrown a decibel meter on it but it's pretty damn loud. I might have to find me one of those now, I'm curious.

D

Deleted member 3748

94.3 ?!! I think I would have taken it. Haven't thrown a decibel meter on it but it's pretty damn loud. I might have to find me one of those now, I'm curious.
You probably could have taken it. It was just regular BA stereos in a SxS. The meter was outside the passenger front wheel.

Capture

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You probably could have taken it. It was just regular BA stereos in a SxS. The meter was outside the passenger front wheel.

View attachment 84110

Wow, okay! That's a weird place for the meter, usually you hold it in the cab. Definitely wouldn't want full doors on for that competition. Just curious, what was the prize or just a ribbon and bragging rights?

D

Deleted member 3748

Wow, okay! That's a weird place for the meter, usually you hold it in the cab. Definitely wouldn't want full doors on for that competition. Just curious, what was the prize or just a ribbon and bragging rights?
A trophy for sure, and probably some gift certificates since that's what the other trophy winners received. Maybe the pickup for the db meter was inside and just the hardware was outside. I'll see if i can find out.

D

Deleted member 3748

Mud video! It's kinda long because I wanted to get all of my footage in there for the participants. It gets better as it goes, so maybe skip ahead. :D The ORV Jam highlights video will be nice and short.

D

Deleted member 3748

Here's the highlight video for those of us with a short attention span. :) And I'm done with Jam photos and videos! until next year...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!