P1000m5 Stability with 4 adults

Downs807

Downs807

Sep 3, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Been lurking around here for a little while. Still deciding on a Pioneer 5 or a Polaris General 4. Really leaning towards the Honda for reliability and I believe they just build a better product.

I finally went and test drove a P1K5 yesterday and really liked it. My only concern is how stable are these things with 4 adults and gear (aka cooler) while hill climbing / trail riding? I like the idea of a shorter wheel base but it also makes me feel the front end would get light with adults in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been lurking around here for a little while. Still deciding on a Pioneer 5 or a Polaris General 4. Really leaning towards the Honda for reliability and I believe they just build a better product.

I finally went and test drove a P1K5 yesterday and really liked it. My only concern is how stable are these things with 4 adults and gear (aka cooler) while hill climbing / trail riding? I like the idea of a shorter wheel base but it also makes me feel the front end would get light with adults in the back.

Welcome

Take a look at this video from 1:00 -1:30 is a very off camber/steep spot.

I had about 300-400lbs of stuff in the bed. Others had the same or more.

They are very stable considering they are a utility/rec machine.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They are still very stable with people in gear in the back. They do become less stable versus no gear and only the driver, but I would think every vehicle is that way. It’s like everything else, you start adding roof top luggage racks and overhead stereo systems and lift kits then the stability will decrease.

I am speaking from experience...haha....

176bd3539c00470c6906cfdedb6a3b2c

This is the load that was in the bed. I had a large cooler, two ammo cans for toolboxes, pelican case for a toolbox, a small cooler, a dry box, tent, two camping chairs, boots, sleeping bags, bed rolls, 2 gallons fuel, etc. that’s on top of the normal, CO2 canister, fire extinguisher, stereo, etc.

Bb35c281b7d31c048b567a3a6e51c409

Unless you want to do extreme hill climbs, the Pioneer will be good for you. You will need something with a longer wheelbase if you want to do extreme hill climbs.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

We've driven ours with two adults in the "third row" gets a little squirrelly like that but we have taken on trails with caution however does absolutely fine with 5 adults
IMG 0775 IMG 0777

Reactions: joeymt33
Downs807

Downs807

Sep 3, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the replies. I’m not looking to do anything extreme anymore those days are about over for me. Just want to load the family up and chase my 11yr old around on his dirt bike. Oh and chase my buddies on thier XP’s and maybe tow them home when they break.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the replies. I’m not looking to do anything extreme anymore those days are about over for me. Just want to load the family up and chase my 11yr old around on his dirt bike. Oh and chase my buddies on thier XP’s and maybe tow them home when they break.

It's going to do awesome on that, both things lol.we chase our 11yo daughter on her bike also, great sport.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!