P500 Starting fresh - What do I Need?

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I use mine for hunting on small tight atv trails. I don’t ever go on joy rides. Here is a must list for me.

1. Hard Top because the canvas will rip on low limbs.
2. winch
3. Boot protectors
4. The rack setup. Toolbox with a atv drop basket rack. Both can be picked up cheap on Facebook marketplace.
5. Front basket rack from strongmade.
6. The glovebox mod

With that being said you can fit a windshield in there at anytime but the p5 lacks in storage especially for hunting gear.

View attachment 132649

Good suggestions. My comment is I bought a Strongmade 252 front rack and even when empty, it blocked my view of the 5+ feet in front of the P500. With a hunting pack (or a game bag of boned-out meat) it would be impossible to see rocks or holes in a trail-especially at night packing out an elk . I learned this last season the ‘hard way’.

I moved mine on top. I’m hoping the addition height is not an issue, but Montana is mostly pine trees next to trails.

Added a $50 amazon light bar. If you seal with rtv silicon they’e dependable- I’ve had one on my pickup for over 3 years.

80d192a3ad2d0b41c5359396845f6672

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jroot327

jroot327

Nov 26, 2020
IL
Ownership

1. 500
I would strongly suggest a synthetic rope winch the wire cable winches can bind and kink overtime. I have an axon 4500 and have been throughly pleased. Short cable but I carry extra straps.

How has the Axon been since this post? Looking at potentially throwing it on a machine I ordered. Also, have you used the wired remote at all?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Using the Warn Axon 4500 ( quick wiring ) sets on a 2in Receiver Hitch Mount Boat trolling female socket attached
Put a 2in.receiver Ft & Rear allows wincing forward or back.
Yellow top deep cycle battery under driver seat .( isolator & shut off switch in the system)
Boat trolling motor female socket by your left knee hooked to the battery .
Reworked booster cables Boat trolling motor male plug on each end.
This allows operating the WINCH front seat or anywhere out of the Vehicle.

I CARRY a Booster Pack
Have 2in trailer ball mounted on the front of my trailer & 2in. Trailer coupler with 2in.ID TUBING welded inside slide the 2in. Receiver mounted winch in pull whatever on the trailer.

Take the WINCH & Booster over to a tree run the cable to machine Stay Out of Mud.
Sometimes tree to tree cutting fire wood.
Multi use & Only 1 winch.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I just bought a 2018 P500 ( red btw ). It's still at the dealer and I'll pick it up next Thursday. I bought it primarily as an Elk Hunting Mobility Tool. However, both my Son and I will use it for some Colorado Trail riding.

I'm thinking a roof ( Canvas or Hard? ), Some of those strap on handles, Don't know if we need a winch? Do we need a windshield? Finally, I'm wondering how to configure the rack? I see the whole thread dedicated to the topic. Hmmm.

Anything else? I know the sky's the limit. Thought I'd keep the stock wheels year one.
If you plan on riding Colorado, get the hard top and windshield, nasty hail storms happen often here. Get a winch and just hope you never HAVE to use it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!