Steam issues

Spankynip

Spankynip

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
Riding through the woods on the ole Talon is great fun. One thing I do not like about the Talon is all the damn steam. You know what I mean. You're driving for a few hours and then rip through some water. Next thing you know the windshield is steamed over and you can't see a thing. I thought about putting rubber mats down on the floor boards. Maybe that will cover some of the holes where the steam is rolling in. Another steam vent is the shifter housing. Oh well. Does anyone have any advice on how to cut down on all the steam? Besides ride in the desert or stay out of the water. Do the floor mats work to cut down steam?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Plug all the holes behind both seats.

The shifter boot mod works wonders to keep hot air out, maybe it'll help with the steam too...

Spankynip

Spankynip

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
I do see that they make rubber mats for inside the Talon. I just wonder if they work in stopping some or the steam. The shifter boot may be an option also.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I do see that they make rubber mats for inside the Talon. I just wonder if they work in stopping some or the steam. The shifter boot may be an option also.

I'm sure the mats have cutouts that match the factory drain holes in the floor so I doubt they will help.

Moving the radiator to the bed and removing the coolant piping that runs along the center of the chassis will eliminate 99.999999% of your problem but creates another one at the same time...

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The steam I was getting was from behind the seats, anytime I hit water at more than a crawl. I used aluminum duct tape because that's what I had and it's waterproof. The seat bottom doesn't cover as much as I thought it would and it looks like poop but I never notice it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!