JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’ve had aluminum since 16’ and beat the living crap out of it and it’s sled down dragons back and hit some of its rocks a few times with no issues. I’m happy with it. Never really got a good straight up reason not to like it from folks? Yes it may bend a touch here and there but it’s easy to bend back.
View attachment 200522
Have you added any more holes to that skid? Doesn't look like it has that many, by exhaust, drain holes etc. Any heating issues? I've seen a few different type of aluminum skids and they all seem to have very few holes cut out.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you added any more holes to that skid? Doesn't look like it has that many, by exhaust, drain holes etc. Any heating issues? I've seen a few different type of aluminum skids and they all seem to have very few holes cut out.
That underside looks pristine,......Does that machine see rough ass trails?U gotta compare apples to apples,oranges to oranges.

Reactions: Biteme and Mudwing
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No, there all there for your drains. Heat is no difernt than other skids.also ridgeded up the frame like another crossmember from its firmness

Reactions: Biteme and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
No, there all there for your drains. Heat is no difernt than other skids.also ridgeded up the frame like another crossmember from its firmness
Ok cool. I started on mine last night and im thinking of just doing a few cutouts for now vs all the one that come on the stock skid.
20200519 221438

Going to try to wrap it up tonight.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok cool. I started on mine last night and im thinking of just doing a few cutouts for now vs all the one that come on the stock skid.View attachment 203394
Going to try to wrap it up tonight.
If I get time when I get home, I’ll take a pic of the holes if u like? There know where as a many not do u need as many at that stock G string

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve had aluminum since 16’ and beat the living crap out of it and it’s sled down dragons back and hit some of its rocks a few times with no issues. I’m happy with it. Never really got a good straight up reason not to like it from folks? Yes it may bend a touch here and there but it’s easy to bend back.
View attachment 200522
Can you advise where you purchased the Skid Plates and Guards

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you advise where I might buy this for my new P1K5?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Spoonbill these are from front to back. I hope it helps? As u can see you don’t need many

K

Kahkon

May 12, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
I just ordered full set UHMW from SSS offroad for pioneer 500. American made and free shipping right now. Full package with arm guards and built in rocker protection. $849.00.

Reactions: TripleB and JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!