P1000 STEEL, ALUMINUM vs UHMW Skid plate

J

JTW

I just ordered full set UHMW from SSS offroad for pioneer 500. American made and free shipping right now. Full package with arm guards and built in rocker protection. $849.00.
Trail armor offers a forum discount..

J

JTW

U gonna get the plastic for ur KRX?
I’m going to do a trail armor 1/2” or something along those lines.. I think they offer a little more coverage for the money than the Kawasaki uhmw does.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can’t answer that..
I just hear that they are noisy in the cab,probably from steel skids.putting plastic over them should help.gonna find out this week end how loud they are

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just hear that they are noisy in the cab,probably from steel skids.putting plastic over them should help.gonna find out this week end how loud they are
Going to pick it up tomorrow,and hide it from my wife.then haul ass outta town!

• Haha
Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

They are louder but it’s not god awful... you probably hear more noise more often from the (steel) wheel wells/firewall than the skids.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s awesome!! Congrats... what color did you get? What accessories?
You have seen the color it came w a roof and half windshield.Ordered the ft bumber .tailgate w storage.some sort of dust thing.The hook things .they had one in stock ,not that great.Probably going to get the flip windshield from sxs w the machinist add on.I was checking out the skid plates.only look like metal in the critical areas.

J

JTW

You have seen the color it came w a roof and half windshield.Ordered the ft bumber .tailgate w storage.some sort of dust thing.The hook things .they had one in stock ,not that great.Probably going to get the flip windshield from sxs w the machinist add on.I was checking out the skid plates.only look like metal in the critical areas.
Yeah.. I’m going to add skids. You had better just go ahead and order fender flares.. but get aftermarket

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mostly thinking about ur dad ,and praying he’s getting better.Because I have an old dad as well

• Love
Reactions: TripleB and JTW
J

JTW

@GWH

Reactions: GWH
J

JTW

If u get the tail gate thing let me know.therecan be some pitfalls w the installation
I’m going to be slow on accessories until I see more of them in person. I like the tailgate box but I wish it hinged. I assume aftermarket will blow up with accessories and fix things like that.

Reactions: snuffnwhisky
J

JTW

I need to figure out what windshield I want... @bomar says the glass one is awesome

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to figure out what windshield I want... @bomar says the glass one is awesome
There’s a glass one from the deranged guy that’s glass w big vents at the bottom. Not cheap,I not think it well be cool enough out here in the desert.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!