P700 steep climb power out?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
the '14 models had problems at elevation,but the '15 and on models have an o2 sensor added take took care of that problem. It sounds like something isn't right, have you tried rolling it in neutral to see if the brakes are hanging up or out of adjustment as @swsebek suggested? How well does it start when cold? If all of that is ok, I'd do the first service on it including checking the valves then see what happens.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes besides I ride at around 5000 elevation and can hit 45. And I have a 2014.

Are you hitting the rev limiter when you try to max it out?

ronhuntin

ronhuntin

Mar 22, 2017
utah
Ownership

1. 700-4
the '14 models had problems at elevation,but the '15 and on models have an o2 sensor added take took care of that problem. It sounds like something isn't right, have you tried rolling it in neutral to see if the brakes are hanging up or out of adjustment as @swsebek suggested? How well does it start when cold? If all of that is ok, I'd do the first service on it including checking the valves then see what happens.
I just took the park brake off and it seemed to roll fine. I just turned it over and it started right up. I did just run it last night though. Yesterday it was a little hard starting and had sat for a few days without running. I pumped the gas a little while turning it over and then fired up.

ronhuntin

ronhuntin

Mar 22, 2017
utah
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes besides I ride at around 5000 elevation and can hit 45. And I have a 2014.

Are you hitting the rev limiter when you try to max it out?
With it floored on the neighborhood streets I have only hit like 37 and no rev limiter. Reading the different comments like yours make me think there has to be something wrong I just hope nothing serious .

ronhuntin

ronhuntin

Mar 22, 2017
utah
Ownership

1. 700-4
With it floored on the neighborhood streets I have only hit like 37 and no rev limiter. Reading the different comments like yours make me think there has to be something wrong I just hope nothing serious .
Thank you so much for the ideas !

Reactions: Tflynn
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Did you get this figured out? I just saw a video pop up on my youtube feed and it was a honda 700 vs ranger 900 tug o war. The Honda didnt seem like it could spin the tires on dirt? Is this normal?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Did you get this figured out? I just saw a video pop up on my youtube feed and it was a honda 700 vs ranger 900 tug o war. The Honda didnt seem like it could spin the tires on dirt? Is this normal?

No he has his foot on the break not the gas pedal.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
No he has his foot on the break not the gas pedal.

Not sure about that, something doesnt look right though, maybe he doesnt know how to floor it... here is another version:

ronhuntin

ronhuntin

Mar 22, 2017
utah
Ownership

1. 700-4

I don't think so. I just took my machine in to the shop this morning and am anxiously waiting for their findings. I will post as soon as I find out. The machine did finally hit 42 mph a couple nights ago, but I was going down a hill. Lol

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't think so. I just took my machine in to the shop this morning and am anxiously waiting for their findings. I will post as soon as I find out. The machine did finally hit 42 mph a couple nights ago, but I was going down a hill. Lol

Do you hear your speed limiter kick in? When you hit the top speed you will know it

advertisement
USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
2 adults, kid, 26" mud tires, full roof, windshield, etc. and I easily hit the rev limiter any time I desire.

As stated, something ain't right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ronhuntin

ronhuntin

Mar 22, 2017
utah
Ownership

1. 700-4
2 adults, kid, 26" mud tires, full roof, windshield, etc. and I easily hit the rev limiter any time I desire.

As stated, something ain't right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Well I just picked it up tonight and they said they couldn't see anything wrong with it. They suggested putting more miles on it(100 right now)because it is still breaking in. They did the 100 mile service and checked the valves and changed the oil. I am still not convinced. I am going to keep driving it for now and hope it changes I guess.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

He was double dragged....
not good...
I hate PoPo's

Reactions: SFC
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
He was double dragged....
not good...
I hate PoPo's
Well you have to think also the 700 has less power then the ranger and no low range so yes being pulled backwards is gonna make it even harder to turn the tires then just pulling something normal

Reactions: SFC

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!