Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It was my understanding that the Canadian folks got a shock change and U.S.A. folks got a sticker. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is correct, and I refused to put the sticker on mine.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So are those shocks worth getting and just get power steering now

IMO, the shocks don’t improve the comfort of typical trail riding, which for me never results in bottoming out. If you ride in such a manner that you’re regularly bottoming out, the shocks are an improvement. The EPS is an improvement always.

Last edited:
Reactions: GRANITE
S

ScottPhillips

Nov 22, 2018
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I am looking to spend about 5 to 600 on a new mod. I was thinking power steering but should I consider front walker evans shocks instead?

What would you buy if you could only Choose one?

POWER STEERING! I just added it to my 700-4 it's the best thing I've ever done! No questions hands down!

Reactions: Mudder
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
POWER STEERING! I just added it to my 700-4 it's the best thing I've ever done! No questions hands down!
I agree, the shock difference is negligible for the expense whereas the difference between EPS and no EPS is mammoth.

Reactions: GRANITE
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I don't have WE evans shocks but I do have EPS. I did the Tusk version this time and its the EXACT same unit as the SuperATV except different stickers. The EPS is huge on the trail and on slow rough technical trails. I think its a more needed option as far as trail riding is concerened. I hear a lot of owners with the shock packages say they are a vast improvement over stock but after the takeover last year, everyone that had them were tired and sore from a long day riding just as I was without them. Yes I bottomed out in sections, yes I wished the ride was better but I'm not sold on the investment for the gain. just my opinion though!!!

Reactions: DaddyDubbs and dllj
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have you tried bigger tires at lower PSI? I like my P500, but it does have limitations trying to make it a Fast and Furious machine to keep up with bigger RZRs. It is what it is...

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Have you tried bigger tires at lower PSI? I like my P500, but it does have limitations trying to make it a Fast and Furious machine to keep up with bigger RZRs. It is what it is...

I agree completely and the guys I ride with aren’t crazy. I have no problem keeping up. Just trying to make the ride as good as I can. Sounds like power steering is the best bang for the buck.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
IMO, the shocks don’t improve the comfort of typical trail riding, which for me never results in bottoming out. If you ride in such a manner that you’re regularly bottoming our, the shocks are an improvement. The EPS is an improvement always.

I believe the OP was asking about the updated Honda shocks rather than WE. The Honda shocks are dirt cheap, and they do ride a little better.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I believe the OP was asking about the updated Honda shocks rather than WE. The Honda shocks are dirt cheap, and they do ride a little better.
The op says he’s looking to spend 5-600.00 and asks whether he should buy Walker Evans specifically or EPS.....

Reactions: Eltobgi
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is the 17 shocks really better? If so maybe that could be a lower cost answer. I am afraid I will get the walkers and not think it is that much better.

In 2017 they came with dual rate springs and preload adjustments on all 4 corners. I couldn't tell you about older machines ride but mine wasn't to awful bad it's biggest down fall was it needed more ground clearance for rocky areas.

Reactions: dllj
B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Yes,in the original post, but in post #22 I think he was referring to the '17- newer Honda shocks.

That is correct. If the newer model shocks are an improvement and I don’t need to spend $1200 on walkers then I would go that route

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!