Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok deep pockets, get it....:D
Lol and I was happy with the 20$ wheel but @Neohio has me looking to add to the watch list.
The wheel really does make a difference driving, it’s worth a few bucks to get rid of that cheap plastic thing. I was surprised to see Talon with same one but cheap fix

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol and I was happy with the 20$ wheel but @Neohio has me looking to add to the watch list.
The wheel really does make a difference driving, it’s worth a few bucks to get rid of that cheap plastic thing. I was surprised to see Talon with same one but cheap fix
This forum is a bad influence on each other.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Both of my 1000’s are red and for that I like the black and red that you posted. I agree it’s purely an aesthetical move that will cost all total it looks like just under $100.00. Not too bad I suppose.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Both of my 1000’s are red and for that I like the black and red that you posted. I agree it’s a purely aesthetically move that will cost all total it looks like just under $100.00. Not too bad I suppose.
This is the red/black. I liked it, it was matched to the old seat cover we had but time for a little change.
60845C08 DC66 4391 ABDD F18C4844FE94
I think it’s about 65-70 to do a cheap swap. But then from that point you can change to a different wheel down the road.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I like this one or the one @mjn had. Can you post a link

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Type in “steering wheel 350mm” and look through. As long as it says 6 bolt which nearly all do it’ll fit. Dont do deep dish because paddles too far out. Check em out there’s probably something you’d like better

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Type in “steering wheel 350mm” and look through. As long as it says 6 bolt which nearly all do it’ll fit. Dont do deep dish because paddles too far out. Check em out there’s probably something you’d like better

I was just going to add that... make SURE it doesn't say "deep dish". You want hardly any dish at all. I think mine has like 1 or 1.5" dish.

You don't want a hub that fits a Grant wheel, those are 5 bolt.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Going with 14" is only .22" bigger in dia than the 350mm might open other options for you.
Good call. Hadn’t thought about that. There’s a few pretty cool ones.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have to order a honda horn button too right?
I’d have to say yes lol! But most come with a button I believe. Honda is just a nice touch

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We have CP to thank for this mishmash of parts that WORK.

All I wanna know is how in the hell did you figure it out? How many used steering wheels did you try to put in before you stumbled on the old Accord wheel??

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We have CP to thank for this mishmash of parts that WORK.

All I wanna know is how in the hell did you figure it out? How many used steering wheels did you try to put in before you stumbled on the old Accord wheel??
Took the factory wheel to the wrecking yard and took steering wheels off (which sucked because of air bags lol) till I found a couple cars it fit. Cross referenced those on line till got a good grouping.
Then started ordering parts. Got it wrong several times but kept trying till the right combo hit. Tried different variations to find something easier or to make better suggestions but I haven’t found it.
I don’t give up very easily or take no for an answer very often. I hate it sometimes because I can’t sleep thinking about something. It’s a f***ing curse

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This keeps popping up and teasing me... I’d like a horn where it’s supposed to be.
It’s doable, had button in PJ working. If you have a self serve wrecking yard close by can get it done pretty easy.
I could promise the wheel change is worth the 70$ though, maybe it would keep you off the roof some. Helped me for awhile at least. :(

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!