stereo and interior light install

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
Ok so what makes being out riding all day a little more enjoyable. To me besides having some beer and good company i like to listen to music. I decided to make a custom stereo holder to mount overhead instead of paying the 5 or 6 hundred for a enclosure. What i decided to do is buy a plano ammo can from walmart and chop it up to meet my needs. I bought an infinity prv250 radio with usb and Bluetooth. It has a waterproof face. After that was finished i desided to add some red led lights on a 1 way stitch and mount into the plano stereo holder.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That looks good. Ya, those radios can get expensive for sure. And there is a stratification of making your own that is worth every penny spent or saved. I have yet to journey into the radio world just yet. I do like the system you chose and I need the USB for sure. Hum...
Thanks.

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
Well the radio i bought was expensive just by itself. So adding another 5 or 6 hundred on top of that wasnt practical for me. high and sight a friend of mine found a competely waterproof radio had i seen that first i would have just bought it instead. I do like the way this turned out though So i will just roll with what i got for now.

advertisement
S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
20150307 161653

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
I cut a part of the ammo can and just used self tapping screws to cover it. Its not really noticeable from the front. You can see in the picture i just posted. The speakers i bought were also marine. I made a bracket and mounted it under the hood. Its temporary where the speaker is located until i make my custom enclosure.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!