P1000 Stereo Speaker mounting options?

Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
I have a PRV-350 Infinity radio in hand. I'll be using that radio in the dash at the warning decal location.

Does anybody have ideas for mounting speakers high under roof or down low? I was thinking about running a sound bar, the VDP one looks good and I have used it before on my Ranger, but the speakers are low quality and it just holds two 6.5's and some tweeters. I think Id rather have just 4 speakers up under the roof, if there are no good low mount options to put a pair somewhere. Anybody looked into this yet?

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Same stereo here and same place..lol. I'm going to try these, a few people I know have them and they sound not to bad for the price.
Noam N4 - Pair of 4" 2-way Wakeboard Mountable Speakers

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
If you want a speaker recommendation...look at the JL Audio MX-650's. Simply amazing sound and designed for boat use.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a PRV-350 Infinity radio in hand. I'll be using that radio in the dash at the warning decal location.

Does anybody have ideas for mounting speakers high under roof or down low? I was thinking about running a sound bar, the VDP one looks good and I have used it before on my Ranger, but the speakers are low quality and it just holds two 6.5's and some tweeters. I think Id rather have just 4 speakers up under the roof, if there are no good low mount options to put a pair somewhere. Anybody looked into this yet?

Make an enclosure from fiberglass.

A7be8ec221844123fb75b59c1a4fda79

My whole setup was under $400

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's pretty slick @ohanacreek even the little details like led strips for in cab lighting built in. +1 Sir.

Thanks @JACKAL, my only complaint was my sander broke and I was too lazy to smooth it out by hand and in too much of a hurry to drive an hour round trip to get a new one, the 1000 will have a cleaner install, sooner or later.

Last edited:
Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
Ohana, I like that setup alot, it looks good there, but I have no skills for fiberglass to duplicate it. I would like to do something like that for just a speaker bar setup. I've looked heavily at the Wetsounds Core baras well, they seem overpriced and still need an extra amp. I'm still thinking about doing one of those for simplicity sake and then wait on somebody to release a seat sub enclosure for the 1000 to add in later.

I am looking seperately (no matter what I figure out on speakers) at this little JL HX280 amp, seems like it would be easy to mount up high behind the dash and put out enough power for my needs. Plus reading the manual it can bridged into 2/3/4 speaker arrangements and could be used with a little sub later on.
JL Audio HX280/4

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's EASY, don't think otherwise.

One of MANY YouTube vids showing how.

Reactions: Cal
nikeboy1247

nikeboy1247

Sep 18, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3

SSV Works Front Speaker Pods Unloaded for 6 5" Speakers 13 15 Honda Pioneer 700 | eBay it says 700 but might fit the 1000

advertisement
Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
I ended up getting the Wetsounds Core 10 they knocked a bit off for Blakck Friday so i went that route. Mounted up okay with the 1.75" brackets. I had to mill the billet brackets down just slightly to get the bolts through, must be a metric roll bar size on the honda. Haven't heard it yet Im still in the process of hooking everything up. Looks good up there though and is tucked out of the way.

Reactions: ohanacreek and pct
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Looks good. That is where I was thinking of mounting one too. I am still debating between the 6 or 10...please let us know how it sounds!!

Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
Looks good. That is where I was thinking of mounting one too. I am still debating between the 6 or 10...please let us know how it sounds!!

Got it all done finally well except for somehow loosing the dang fuse box lid. And of course you cant buy just that lid! Still hoping it turns up I have a pretty big shop with alot of projects (read:messes) going on.

Soundwise the speakerbar sounds good has decent bass for the size. It sounds better away from it than sitting in the cab. For best sound I would look at mounting it on the rear bar on a five seater. Overall pretty happy with everything except I get a severe amp pop through speakerbar when I key off. I can mute the radio then key off and it only pops a little.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Got it all done finally well except for somehow loosing the dang fuse box lid. And of course you cant buy just that lid! Still hoping it turns up I have a pretty big shop with alot of projects (read:messes) going on.

Soundwise the speakerbar sounds good has decent bass for the size. It sounds better away from it than sitting in the cab. For best sound I would look at mounting it on the rear bar on a five seater. Overall pretty happy with everything except I get a severe amp pop through speakerbar when I key off. I can mute the radio then key off and it only pops a little.
Looks very nice, would you mind sharing the source (link) for the carbon pattern material you made your switch / radio panel from. It matches very nicely with the OEM dash pattern.

Reactions: joeymt33
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I ended up getting the 6 speaker from wetsounds....I still need to get it mounted/find some brackets to mount it with. I gotta make some time for this your setup got me excited to get mine done!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The jeep overhead soundbars work very nice if speakers are replaced. I have one front and back. Replaced the speaks with infinity. They mount directly to the roof mounts over all for corners of the interior. Including the 10in powered bass fiberglass enclosure (cut down left over from my 700) 13 speakers total and everyone has separate speakers. No need for amp for the overhead gets good and loud because it doesn't need bass this way. Then we put a amp switch in so with the twin battery setup you can run stereo for hours without fear of having to start it. Nice for campfires parties or down at the lake. I did the same rest of the setup
. Nice job on that. Ours has just be so muddy for last couple to actually finish. How are you liking that deck so far

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
Jackal- I cut an 1/8" ABS Panel to block the holes and wrapped it in 3M stuff I got off of amazon.
Amazon.com: Black 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber DINOC Flex Wrap CA-421 24"x12": Automotive

It matches well but can look off when the sun hits it. A flatter black might match even better. I think it was Cummins idea thanks for that.

Cutting that panel made a nice template to do the same on the dash the radio mount and switches are holding it all in.

Cummins, I like the radio okay so far. But I notice when I use bluetooth and key off and back on it always goes back to FM. The instructions say it should start up with the last used source? Does yours do that?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes it does. Hooks back up nice but doesn't stay on Bluetooth like the prv250 did. I've noticed this one seems to have a lot more power then the 250 it powers the 6.5 infinitys very well. I do have one question for anyone with one of these decks I ordered a prv350 and received a prv351 and I'm wondering what the hell. I've looked it up and can't find anything it's obviously authentic but different model. Has anyone else received one like that are there any differences? I ordered this one about 5mths ago before they were easy to come by was wondering if its first model or...I don't get it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!