P1000 Stereo Speaker mounting options?

Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
Yes it does. Hooks back up nice but doesn't stay on Bluetooth like the prv250 did. I've noticed this one seems to have a lot more power then the 250 it powers the 6.5 infinitys very well. I do have one question for anyone with one of these decks I ordered a prv350 and received a prv351 and I'm wondering what the hell. I've looked it up and can't find anything it's obviously authentic but different model. Has anyone else received one like that are there any differences? I ordered this one about 5mths ago before they were easy to come by was wondering if its first model or...I don't get it.
I actually noticed PRV-351 too in your picture thought it might be newer than mine but maybe its a misprint on early units. The 250 I had before was easier to use with more buttons but it doesn't have preamp outputs like the prv-350 one which is why I got it instead.

I'd like to see how your your jeep speakerbars looks mounted i almost went that way and still might. If you get a chance please post some pics.

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
I just ordered the Boss system which is the same system I had in my 700-4 from JET.COM. Now all I need is for the silver deluxe to come out so I can get it set up and start riding again.

Total Items: 3
Price Subtotal: $264.92
Savings: -$11.84
Promo Offer: -$37.97
Shipping Fee: FREE
Estimated Taxes*: $0.00
Order Total: $215.11

Total Charge $215.11

05a1fb8b88c82d2954b9003badd86b19500

Boss Audio Boss Waketower MRWT69 - 550 W Speaker - 4-way $85.48
Qty. 2

A5ecbd73 62f9 4eb6 8f10 3c327c4a8e09

Debc64841edd4ec4f8f44b2fe2cd6a87500

Boss Audio Boss Audio MC900B Bluetooth Enabled All-terranin Utility $93.96

A5ecbd73 62f9 4eb6 8f10 3c327c4a8e09

Attachments

• a5ecbd73-62f9-4eb6-8f10-3c327c4a8e09.jpg
    a5ecbd73-62f9-4eb6-8f10-3c327c4a8e09.jpg
    737 bytes · Views: 257
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Must be a misprint you're probably right. I'd send pictures but right now our rig is at my brothers place as they are building a house in two feet of snow so I lent it out. The front speaker bar mounts directly to the hard roof mount so there are absolutely no brackets to build just two holes drilled. The back bar can either be mounted directly to the roof or use the brackets that come with and redrill a couple holes which is what I did. They look very good up there nearly factory and are extremely stable no shaking around. On our 700 we mounted directly to the roof but on the 1000 I wanted to be able ( not probably that we ever will) to take roof off. They mount up very tight to the roof and are only around 3in depth so no need of losing headspace. They are hard plastic so they are light and water tight. Since the center is actually against the roof a 1/4 in single sided sticky foam pad was used to kill all vibrations. With the 4 infinitys at each corner I used a passive crossover($8) to kill just a bit of the bass because of the 10 fosgate in the fiberglass box (amp inside protected from elements) under the driver seat but not really necessary. All the tweets I left alone as they have their own crossovers. With this setup you get a total of 12 speakers all water resistant and two interior lights(1front 1back I switched to led and put in car door switches from an Accord so you open a door the interior lights up or turn them on separately) and enough wire(with factory plugs already on them) to reach under the hood all for about 350 in eBay. Sounds great to have front/rear/side/side and you can turn any up or down any area. On the real positive side it is very efficient as they don't have to be turned up much because everyone has their own directly over them and almost a joy to run wires with its own harness. I went with the plastic jeep bars rather than the vinyl for durability. When mounted you actually have to look for them as they are tucked up very nicely. View attachment 8487View attachment 8488

Those speakers/Headunit are great what I finally ended up with on mine after 2 failed attempt with Pyle and DUAL

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's what I did first on the 700 but changed quickly to infinity. We've had infinitys before and never a problem but I ran dual to save room and some money. You get what you pay for.
Those speakers/Headunit are great what I finally ended up with on mine after 2 failed attempt with Pyle and DUAL
we have had infinitys for years and never a problem. Our toy hauler I converted from a school bus has had Infiniti for five years never a hick up. We have one in our boat everyone I know has purchased one for outdoor use. We had to run dual in the 700 because of dash space and replaced it once and the second didn't hold up. It never even got wet I think it was the thumping and bumping in the woods. Had Infiniti prv350 in new 1000 again no problems. You get what you pay for. It's kind of like buying Polaris they are fine when you first get it then problems down the road. Image

Reactions: pct and ohanacreek
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That's what I did first on the 700 but changed quickly to infinity. We've had infinitys before and never a problem but I ran dual to save room and some money. You get what you pay for.

we have had infinitys for years and never a problem. Our toy hauler I converted from a school bus has had Infiniti for five years never a hick up. We have one in our boat everyone I know has purchased one for outdoor use. We had to run dual in the 700 because of dash space and replaced it once and the second didn't hold up. It never even got wet I think it was the thumping and bumping in the woods. Had Infiniti prv350 in new 1000 again no problems. You get what you pay for. It's kind of like buying Polaris they are fine when you first get it then problems down the road.

View attachment 8626

What the hell are you doing to fog up the windshield in your Pioneer? :rolleyes: Looking at Polaris General brochures? :p

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What the hell are you doing to fog up the windshield in your Pioneer? :rolleyes: Looking at Polaris General brochures? :p
That was the 700. I was looking at brouchures of what's now our 1000:) we've owned Polaris and can-am and I'll never buy junk again! The general is just another pretty plastic kit to cover up junk. No more belts EVER. We average 2-3000 miles a year on our stuff of hard miles I don't want to buy a new one every year!!!

D

DRB

Oct 28, 2015
I have a PRV-350 Infinity radio in hand. I'll be using that radio in the dash at the warning decal location.

Does anybody have ideas for mounting speakers high under roof or down low? I was thinking about running a sound bar, the VDP one looks good and I have used it before on my Ranger, but the speakers are low quality and it just holds two 6.5's and some tweeters. I think Id rather have just 4 speakers up under the roof, if there are no good low mount options to put a pair somewhere. Anybody looked into this yet?
Hey, I just got my 1000 and I am looking at options for mounting a radio. I have a Sony Marine Radio and I want to mount it in the warning panel on the dash. Where did you get plastic sheeting to cover the label and hold the radio? How did you brace it behind the panel? Is there a need to waterproof it someway? I appreciate any help. Thanks.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Must be a misprint you're probably right. I'd send pictures but right now our rig is at my brothers place as they are building a house in two feet of snow so I lent it out. The front speaker bar mounts directly to the hard roof mount so there are absolutely no brackets to build just two holes drilled. The back bar can either be mounted directly to the roof or use the brackets that come with and redrill a couple holes which is what I did. They look very good up there nearly factory and are extremely stable no shaking around. On our 700 we mounted directly to the roof but on the 1000 I wanted to be able ( not probably that we ever will) to take roof off. They mount up very tight to the roof and are only around 3in depth so no need of losing headspace. They are hard plastic so they are light and water tight. Since the center is actually against the roof a 1/4 in single sided sticky foam pad was used to kill all vibrations. With the 4 infinitys at each corner I used a passive crossover($8) to kill just a bit of the bass because of the 10 fosgate in the fiberglass box (amp inside protected from elements) under the driver seat but not really necessary. All the tweets I left alone as they have their own crossovers. With this setup you get a total of 12 speakers all water resistant and two interior lights(1front 1back I switched to led and put in car door switches from an Accord so you open a door the interior lights up or turn them on separately) and enough wire(with factory plugs already on them) to reach under the hood all for about 350 in eBay. Sounds great to have front/rear/side/side and you can turn any up or down any area. On the real positive side it is very efficient as they don't have to be turned up much because everyone has their own directly over them and almost a joy to run wires with its own harness. I went with the plastic jeep bars rather than the vinyl for durability. When mounted you actually have to look for them as they are tucked up very nicely. View attachment 8487View attachment 8488
will this setup work with a hard midcab? or will it get in the way?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes. The way it's setup you can add or take away any accessory

advertisement
Tyrel

Tyrel

Jul 31, 2018
Jonesboro Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 11815

View attachment 11816

Got it all done finally well except for somehow loosing the dang fuse box lid. And of course you cant buy just that lid! Still hoping it turns up I have a pretty big shop with alot of projects (read:messes) going on.

Soundwise the speakerbar sounds good has decent bass for the size. It sounds better away from it than sitting in the cab. For best sound I would look at mounting it on the rear bar on a five seater. Overall pretty happy with everything except I get a severe amp pop through speakerbar when I key off. I can mute the radio then key off and it only pops a little.

How did you mount the amp? I'm looking for a good place to mount mine when I get it, wanna hide it if possible

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How did you mount the amp? I'm looking for a good place to mount mine when I get it, wanna hide it if possible
One good spot is under passenger seat
75C8B133 108D 4A84 8062 F31084974BE7

Reactions: TripleB
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice, is your setup for a 1000?
Yes. To go here you’d need to do a bracket or a box but there is a lot of space that wouldn’t need used for anything else

Tyrel

Tyrel

Jul 31, 2018
Jonesboro Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. To go here you’d need to do a bracket or a box but there is a lot of space that wouldn’t need used for anything else

Awesome, thank you!!!! I'll look into this and take some measurements. I've used all the real estate under the hood and didnt really wanna mount just an amp to the roof, because I'm going with 2 wake speakers on the back rop and the JLAUDIO under the drives seat.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Awesome, thank you!!!! I'll look into this and take some measurements. I've used all the real estate under the hood and didnt really wanna mount just an amp to the roof, because I'm going with 2 wake speakers on the back rop and the JLAUDIO under the drives seat.
One thing that worked out really well for speakers to get more room were these little pods.
F930E46F 9BFF 4FF4 98C7 4F62D38E033A

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!