Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So just to sort of follow up here.. I’ve only had my P500 for a week.. I definitely see now what everyone’s been saying about it being a bit of a noisy machine. Not bad in my opinion, but noticeable. Specifically, what stands out the most to me are
1) sorta clanky when shifting in AT mode at really slow speeds
2) a “whining” sound (from the rear diff?)
3) lastly, I feel/hear almost like a tiny bit of play in the differential/driveshaft when creeping around 5mph and hit bumps that cause a pulsing of the throttle with your foot.

Are these all normal things I’m experiencing with a 1 week old machine? Again these are all very minor in my opinion as this is an off-road machine, not a cushy road cruiser.

@trigger I’m very interested in getting the rubber roofing mat and installing if you say it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, all of that is normal and calms down a bit with time. Some claim that the noise is too much to bear but I'm with you, doesn't bother me that much. The seat heat in the summer was something that definitely needed some attention. When I first got mine everyone was going with the foil backed carpet mat, it's inexpensive and does work, just gets all wet after power washing and doesn't dry out unless you take it out and hang it. The rubber is a bit heavier and seems to block both a little better IMO. Not having to dry it out is what really lead me in the rubber direction...and I got it for free to try out. ;)

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heat mainly comes from the seat belt area. Noise comes from between the seats, don't know that you'd want to use something that's sticky. IMO
I’ll have to ride more to evaluate what you are describing, I mainly make short trips with mine, a couple miles here and there, so it is possible I’m not understanding the magnitude of the heat coming from the engine. On a better note, my wife and I have decided to make a trip down to royal blue later in May so we can check it out. Still wish I could make the takeover but between trout fishing, hog hunting and working on my cabin, there’s not enough hours in the day to do everything.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I used E-Bay instead of Amazon.....the one listed on Amazon had a conflicting description in relation to the thickness.....Although I believe this is the same company ...anyway shortly after ordering on E-Bay it was sent Fed-X......much faster shipping than Amazon....I ordered a 4 by 10 piece .....figuring I can double fold in the back...... 10' RecPro EPDM Extreme Duty RV Rubber Roofing - By The Foot | eBay

I've found ebay ships quicker too. I think Amazon does it on purpose sometimes so you'll sign up for prime.

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I agree with that. I’ve primarily used eBay for online purchases for almost 15 years now and can vouch that eBay always wins out by a mile on shipping speed, unless you use Amazon Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!