Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Maybe I'll have to look up the hunting rules and regulations and cost for out of state. Oh and drive. That's a long drive from SC. But if it isn't really really high I might would come out there.
Ok, white tail and black bear. I've got a 160 acre parcel, two miles distance a 130 acre parcel and twelve miles distance a 50 acre parcel. Bring the P-5 and a camper, or stay in my cabin on a bluff on the 130.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Ok, white tail and black bear. I've got a 160 acre parcel, two miles distance a 130 acre parcel and twelve miles distance a 50 acre parcel. Bring the P-5 and a camper, or stay in my cabin on a bluff on the 130.
I'd have to leave the pioneer at home on that long of a trip unless i just really need it to get around the land. When do you go or you live there in the cabin? Man if you serious I can probably make it happen. Could I bring a friend? We can stay in tents if we had too. lol.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'd have to leave the pioneer at home on that long of a trip unless i just really need it to get around the land. When do you go or you live there in the cabin? Man if you serious I can probably make it happen. Could I bring a friend? We can stay in tents if we had too. lol.
I ride my sxs's with gear and water to the remote cabin and stay on weekends occassionaly. I do not live in it. Why in the world would you leave the P-5 going on a hunting trip. Of course you could walk it but having the ride would be better. Tenting is fine too if you must, though a bit cold during hunting season. If you vouch for him, your friend is welcome, lol.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I ride my sxs's with gear and water to the remote cabin and stay on weekends occassionaly. I do not live in it. Why in the world would you leave the P-5 going on a hunting trip. Of course you could walk it but having the ride would be better. Tenting is fine too if you must, though a bit cold during hunting season. If you vouch for him, your friend is welcome, lol.
I got the 700-4.. Right that would be a lot of walking, not for me. And dragging a big deer if i shot one would be a workout. Known him for a long time we've been hunting and fly fishing together for ten years about. He's got a truck, and i have a v6 jeep. lol That's a long drive for my jeep and riding by myself. About 14-15 hours i guess. We'll talk once it gets closer.

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
I agree with that, the only reason I changed mine before they needed it is because I can use the OEM tires on one of my other sxs's. I'm not sure the back wheels will fit the front, (or perhaps it's the other way around) if that's so, we would want to buy your front wheels which would leave you without a spare???
Interesting, I guess I didn't realize the bolt pattern was different front to back. All four I have look the same.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Interesting, I guess I didn't realize the bolt pattern was different front to back. All four I have look the same.
I don't think it was bolt pattern but offset. I could be wrong on this. I'm just remembering reading something about it in a thread here somewhere. Maybe somebody else that is intimate with the issue will come along for clarification.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I got the 700-4.. Right that would be a lot of walking, not for me. And dragging a big deer if i shot one would be a workout. Known him for a long time we've been hunting and fly fishing together for ten years about. He's got a truck, and i have a v6 jeep. lol That's a long drive for my jeep and riding by myself. About 14-15 hours i guess. We'll talk once it gets closer.
Roger that. Btw, I saw a guy pulling a P-5 with a Prius, maybe you should put a thermometer in the mouth of your Jeep, lol. A P-5, with gear, on a six by ten trailer, is 2 K pounds and can be pulled by my PoPo. Not sure how much more the P-7 weighs but can't be much.

Reactions: scott
webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
I don't think it was bolt pattern but offset. I could be wrong on this. I'm just remembering reading something about it in a thread here somewhere. Maybe somebody else that is intimate with the issue will come along for clarification.
Ahhh I see. I'll give my dealer a call in the AM. Hopefully we can work it out!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ahhh I see. I'll give my dealer a call in the AM. Hopefully we can work it out!
Great, if you discover that any of them could serve as spares, then please advise me what you'd want for two of them. Thanks webby!!!

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Montecresto, my dealer says the rears are a bit wider than the fronts, however, offset is the same. He did say generally most people will use the front wheel for a spare due to clearance. He said clearance isn't an issue with stock tire size but anything larger will present a problem if you use the rear wheel and put it up front.(obviously) I'd certainly still be interested in selling you the two fronts if that's what you were interested in. $40 each and we can figure out how to get them in your hands.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto, my dealer says the rears are a bit wider than the fronts, however, offset is the same. He did say generally most people will use the front wheel for a spare due to clearance. He said clearance isn't an issue with stock tire size but anything larger will present a problem if you use the rear wheel and put it up front.(obviously) I'd certainly still be interested in selling you the two fronts if that's what you were interested in. $40 each and we can figure out how to get them in your hands.
Ok sounds good, I'll pm you my e-mail address. And thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!