P500 Storage...

C

Corycarlo

Feb 16, 2020
Elimsport Pa
Ownership

1. 500
I see they have under dash storage for the bigger pioneers but can’t seem to find anything for the 500. Anyone have any luck finding something?

Reactions: rtn001
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I'm still looking for a bag to hang from the rear Honda bumper. I know I saw of pic of one on here somewhere, sometime. I haven't been able to find what I'm after.

C

Corycarlo

Feb 16, 2020
Elimsport Pa
Ownership

1. 500
I have found many of these options, my question was more ‘is there and under dash storage option such as the one they make for the 700. Pic attached for clarity

627AB0C1 C090 4F14 8868 E6F6EA2A0D04

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
My knees would not do good for under dash storage in the P500. But those 48 inch tool boxes fit nice on the rear rack. ..for stuff bigger than a Choobox and trash can under the seat.

8B01A039 5591 4E58 8BCF 081AEEEE979D

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I got and installed the under hood storage tray. It's OK for items you don't need very often but it SUCKS for storage of items such as your tree strap, turn buckle additional rope ect... You have to raise your windshield, take your hood off to get too the needed items. All this while standing or wading in water or mud. The 48in. Tool box would be much better and I would go to it but I have a cargo tray mounted on the rear rack and really like it to haul tools, deer and other stuff. Oh well! I will keep watching and wishing and finely get pissed and go for it and a metal basket.

Reactions: HiFive and trigger
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I got and installed the under hood storage tray. It's OK for items you don't need very often but it SUCKS for storage of items such as your tree strap, turn buckle additional rope ect... You have to raise your windshield, take your hood off to get too the needed items. All this while standing or wading in water or mud. The 48in. Tool box would be much better and I would go to it but I have a cargo tray mounted on the rear rack and really like it to haul tools, deer and other stuff. Oh well! I will keep watching and wishing and finely get pissed and go for it and a metal basket.
I Also have a cargo tray but, I added a koplin outfitter box. Love the outfitter box. The box came with tie down straps and a rack which I'm not using. Then I cut a two by four and fit it right behind the box. There's a storage area between the box and the front of the cargo tray for a small soft cooler and a gas can if needed. it works really well. I have all the storage I need now. also the box is waterproof.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
The more storage you have the more crap you wife will take so choose wisely. I get to use the under hood storage as I see fit.
You're either a survivalist carrying more than you need. Or you're a Minimalist and carry the least amount possible. Just saying. LOL

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I Also have a cargo tray but, I added a koplin outfitter box. Love the outfitter box. The box came with tie down straps and a rack which I'm not using. Then I cut a two by four and fit it right behind the box. There's a storage area between the box and the front of the cargo tray for a small soft cooler and a gas can if needed. it works really well. I have all the storage I need now. also the box is waterproof.

Could you share a picture of your setup?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Never understood the under seat or under hood storage thing unless you are a true minimalist. Taking the machine apart on the trail to get to anything other than a mechanical issue just doesn't make sense to me. Don't know who was the first to have the expanded metal basket and truck side tool box idea but that seems to be the best all around set up for most. Gives a decent amount of dry and open storage.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I found the under seat trash can storage good for rarely used, but valuable stuff. Water jug and 12 v sprayer. Miss not having the 48 inch tool box as its too wide for the dump bed, but since the P500 is mostly the property utility workhorse, very pleased. May have to do some cut down or go back to ammo boxes for essentials.

PS. Had a tire puncture and the Slime Tire plug kit worked great. Thought I was going to have to replace the tire. An essential.

7C9AE2E1 7F08 49CB A38F 1CB4365580CC AED5451D A1AF 4F93 9972 0888E1CB7BD1 314AD77D AD22 48AE AD1C 437A97EFCBA9

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Could you share a picture of your setup?
Could you share a picture of your
I I

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!