I
1587687340038 214333094

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
Never understood the under seat or under hood storage thing unless you are a true minimalist. Taking the machine apart on the trail to get to anything other than a mechanical issue just doesn't make sense to me. Don't know who was the first to have the expanded metal basket and truck side tool box idea but that seems to be the best all around set up for most. Gives a decent amount of dry and open storage.
I really like my setup with the pickup side box and a basket set up. Plus I have a chooge box to go with it.

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
are we talking in cab or outside cab storage?

i bought an inside cab strip bag ... Mounts on the roll cage frame behind driver for small stuff sunglasses keys sub adapters, maps utility knives etc multiple pockets to keep dust out and there for easy acess. Rocky Mountain ATV. Didn't want to remove seat or hood to get to things. Sorry not under dash.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
are we talking in cab or outside cab storage?

i bought an inside cab strip bag ... Mounts on the roll cage frame behind driver for small stuff sunglasses keys sub adapters, maps utility knives etc multiple pockets to keep dust out and there for easy acess. Rocky Mountain ATV. Didn't want to remove seat or hood to get to things. Sorry not under dash.

Honda shows it on the rear bar but I prefer it on the front. Easy access even when rolling. ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Where did you mount it Trig? That would likely be handier.

Mounted it on the front bar of the rops. Originally did it because I had so much audio stuff mounted on the rear bar, didn't have room. Now I have the room but kept it up front, don't have to stop to get stuff out. ;)

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Mounted it on the front bar of the rops. Originally did it because I had so much audio stuff mounted on the rear bar, didn't have room. Now I have the room but kept it up front, don't have to stop to get stuff out. ;)
That makes sense ... under the dash didn't. Presume at the top part of the rops, against a windshield, behind a rearview mirror (i've got one). That would help my rear view too.

While I've got you did you do 12 or 14" wheels on the BH2's 26" 5+2, I forgot. Change shocks? Any loss of torque? And your thoughts HDP or alum skids?

Reactions: trigger and rtn001
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That makes sense ... under the dash didn't. Presume at the top part of the rops, against a windshield, behind a rearview mirror (i've got one). That would help my rear view too.

While I've got you did you do 12 or 14" wheels on the BH2's 26" 5+2, I forgot. Change shocks? Any loss of torque? And your thoughts HDP or alum skids?

I have 12" 5+2's. Sold the 26's to Todd, now running 28" BH 2.0's. No loss of torque with the Dobeck, struggles a bit to hit the limiter but that's probably due to the total amount of weight. Have had the WE's for awhile now, well worth it IMO. Have the Ricochet rock sliders and was set on getting their aluminum skid until I saw how well the stocker did at the Takeover, upgraded to a UPI brand UHMW skid.
My rearview actually sits out in front of the bag. Made a bracket to extend it out and down, incorporated the mount into the roof clamp.

Mirror

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I have 12" 5+2's. Sold the 26's to Todd, now running 28" BH 2.0's. No loss of torque with the Dobeck, struggles a bit to hit the limiter but that's probably due to the total amount of weight. Have had the WE's for awhile now, well worth it IMO. Have the Ricochet rock sliders and was set on getting their aluminum skid until I saw how well the stocker did at the Takeover, upgraded to a UPI brand UHMW skid.
My rearview actually sits out in front of the bag. Made a bracket to extend it out and down, incorporated the mount into the roof clamp.

View attachment 199657
Look at you! 28's on 12's, ... tall, wide, and comfortable. You had to fuel inject to get the equivalent torque then? Suppose I'd be ok then without on 26's? Travel now 10"+? I was convinced on the UHMW skid, didn't know about the rockers though ... with 28's have to think you are heavier. Nice job on the bracket for the mirror. Not happy with mine ... can't get the right number of turns on the Honda clamp mount so it is always dropping/slipping.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Look at you! 28's on 12's, ... tall, wide, and comfortable. You had to fuel inject to get the equivalent torque then? Suppose I'd be ok then without on 26's? Travel now 10"+? I was convinced on the UHMW skid, didn't know about the rockers though ... with 28's have to think you are heavier. Nice job on the bracket for the mirror. Not happy with mine ... can't get the right number of turns on the Honda clamp mount so it is always dropping/slipping.

You'll be good. There's videos out there of P5's running on 32's going through mud and the wheels never stop churning. These things have an extreme amount of low end torque.
Yeah, I hated where the mirror sat originally, too high and too close. Moving it out and down helped with its use but after getting the Kolpin side mirrors, I rarely use the rearview. I have to take it off in the winter to run the full windshield and only put it back on due to the amount of work and money that was put into it. :rolleyes:

Swampdog

Swampdog

Lifetime Member
Mar 19, 2020
Forgotten Coast, FL
Ownership

1. 500
@KYhillbilly , nice setup; can you tell me what brand overhead gun rack that is?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!