P500 Storage...

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
@KYhillbilly , nice setup; can you tell me what brand overhead gun rack that is?
It is a Great Day brand gun rack. Works great on carbines or short barreled rifles or shotguns. Longer ones stick out a couple inches. Nice and solid and keeps them dry.

Reactions: Swampdog and rtn001
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve not seen any under dash storage for the P5. I agree with mudder that there isn’t room for it there on the P5.

Have an idea for this. Bought my first sheet of plastic the other day, never worked with this sh** but how hard can it be? May not even need it, have a part ordered online that hasn't shown up yet, probably won't work as is and will need some tweaking. Until it's in my hands it could be a pipe dream but there is a void under that dash.
If it actually goes together like it does in my head this'll be BA. 🧐

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Have an idea for this. Bought my first sheet of plastic the other day, never worked with this sh** but how hard can it be? May not even need it, have a part ordered online that hasn't shown up yet, probably won't work as is and will need some tweaking. Until it's in my hands it could be a pipe dream but there is a void under that dash.
If it actually goes together like it does in my head this'll be BA. 🧐
ok I'll bite, what do you have in mind?

Reactions: trigger
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger google ‘vacuum forming’.
In the past I looked at some of the DIY shade tree methods. For a one off I would do fiberglass over foam but for low production definitely vac form.

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trying to use a prefabbed storage net type thing. Don't have it yet so hard to say if it's going to work the way I have planned. Contours of the dash aren't helping the situation either. If it works it'll be the largest interior storage area I've seen for the P5. Bigger than the glove box, bigger than the console, not as big as the Honda cargo bag but that's made with many small compartments. This shouldn't interfere with riders at all either. I am going to have to use some plastic, bend and form, looked into plastic welding and it looks involved and not very pretty when it's done. Can't have ugly sh** on my machine. Hoping this net is as strong as it looks, heaviest tightest stuff I could find. Again, could be a pipe dream or BA...stay tuned.

Olaf

Olaf

Aug 18, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. 500
Trying to use a prefabbed storage net type thing. Don't have it yet so hard to say if it's going to work the way I have planned. Contours of the dash aren't helping the situation either. If it works it'll be the largest interior storage area I've seen for the P5. Bigger than the glove box, bigger than the console, not as big as the Honda cargo bag but that's made with many small compartments. This shouldn't interfere with riders at all either. I am going to have to use some plastic, bend and form, looked into plastic welding and it looks involved and not very pretty when it's done. Can't have ugly sh** on my machine. Hoping this net is as strong as it looks, heaviest tightest stuff I could find. Again, could be a pipe dream or BA...stay tuned.
One thing honda really hasn't put any thought to has been the dash. I've certainly thought about how it could be redesigned. Even something as simple as a place for switches would be nice

Olaf

Olaf

Aug 18, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. 500
Another great place would be instead of removing your seat to access storage having a lockable hinged access point right behind the driver's door

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yes, wish they would sell something like the side access panel for the battery on the electric P500. Should have been on the P520.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
500 door bag storage
Super ATV is selling at 75% off
I purchased the can an defender set of 2 ( less than $33.00 shipped ) ordered wed: received fri:.
The pictures shows them mounted on inside my 2018 pioneer 500 doors.
Adds to the much needed storage.

20201116 092926 20201116 093355

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I considered putting a hinged door in the kick panel behind the drivers calves to access that area, like someone did on the P1's, but I have my second battery there and don't need to get in there very often.
As for switches and such, my dash is full. Even opted to use the supplied adhesive backed switch for the new pods as opposed to drilling another hole.
Saw the door bags years ago but really don't want anything making the cab any more confined than it already is.
This idea I'm kicking around now utilizes dead space, not that there's much in a P5 but it's there. Cargo bag is good for small items as is the glovebox. Console holds a little more but I put all my personal stuff in there for a ride, EDC, wallet, cell phone, cheater glasses...it just fills up fast. If it works this will be an 8" x 16" tight knit cargo netted area with a void behind it. Under the dash and under the glove box area. You might touch it getting in and out but that's about it. That's the plan anyway, the execution is yet to be determined.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
And, you can use the cup holder for your phone and small parts when working around the yard.
Had a collection of drywall screws and a fence staple in there over the weekend (came out of the fire pit).
Tends to be a little hard on the 'cup' with it in your hand thou, my 'cup kept getting empty with it in my hand.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I considered putting a hinged door in the kick panel behind the drivers calves to access that area, like someone did on the P1's, but I have my second battery there and don't need to get in there very often.
As for switches and such, my dash is full. Even opted to use the supplied adhesive backed switch for the new pods as opposed to drilling another hole.
Saw the door bags years ago but really don't want anything making the cab any more confined than it already is.
This idea I'm kicking around now utilizes dead space, not that there's much in a P5 but it's there. Cargo bag is good for small items as is the glovebox. Console holds a little more but I put all my personal stuff in there for a ride, EDC, wallet, cell phone, cheater glasses...it just fills up fast. If it works this will be an 8" x 16" tight knit cargo netted area with a void behind it. Under the dash and under the glove box area. You might touch it getting in and out but that's about it. That's the plan anyway, the execution is yet to be determined.
Patiently waiting for the next-to-last @trigger mod.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just an update on this under dash storage mod. The prefabbed thing didn't work out very well, it would function fine but I wasn't at all happy with the look of the final product and no way am I drilling holes in the machine until I'm satisfied with it. Also bending plastic is a pita, doesn't bend sharp like aluminum does and warps terribly under heat. Spent a lot of time on it and all for not. Came to the conclusion that I was overthinking it, walked away for a bit and rethought the whole thing. New plan now and a much more simple concept.
This is still going to happen and just need to find the pieces and parts to build what's in my head. If I can find this stuff locally it could come together this weekend.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The anticipation grows!! Way to go, persistence pays off.
It worked! Had it all put together and installed but had to take it back apart and paint everything. The real install comes tomorrow.
We will all wait patiently to see pics of your "last" mod.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The anticipation grows!! Way to go, persistence pays off.

Lol, persistence turned into pi**ed! A good day and a half of work plus materials that I threw in the trash today. 💩
Had to go through the pains though to get where I'm at now. Actually found better netting today and ordered it, that's the only weak link this could have. I can change that out later, this one's still going in tomorrow. :cool:

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Super Atv still listing these door bags on SALE & 33.00 SHIPPD.
Add a fair amount of storage in unused space.
Pictured on P 500 doors.

20201116 093355 20201116 092926

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!