P500 Sun F tires?

W

WBCC

Is anyone running or ever ran Sun F tires? Good looking tires and definitely cheap enough. Seem to have pretty good reviews online.

Reactions: rtn001
W

Whistlepigp5

Mar 12, 2018
Melba, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have been looking at them also. I’m going to buy a set soon and try them at that price and reviews I don’t think you can go wrong. 6 ply also. Even if I put them on my stock rims and just use them for hunting 50” trails it’s worth it I’m guessing

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Are those the Big Horn knockoffs? I think they are probably sold under several names. Never heard anything bad about them, but don't assume they are radials if that's what you are looking for.

W

WBCC

Are those the Big Horn knockoffs? I think they are probably sold under several names. Never heard anything bad about them, but don't assume they are radials if that's what you are looking for.
Yes on bighorn knockoffs. Not radials, but I think they'll be plenty good for what I do. I'll probably go ahead and order the 27's and some 1.5" spacers. Thanks for the input!

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
I don’t have experience with sun f, but I did put the artrax CTX radials. They may only go to 26 inch though. Motorsport sells them. They are knockoffs also, but radials. 8 ply tires. My first ride was nothing but sharp rocks and they held up great. Hers is the link and some pictures.

Also, $297 for all 4 delivered to my door.

Artrax CTX Radial Tire | MotoSport

6e84137fb229791cb949b8fb632553de

6d6be73db8274f4c7db8311c5b1cd990

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

WBCC

I don’t have experience with sun f, but I did put the artrax CTX radials. They may only go to 26 inch though. Motorsport sells them. They are knockoffs also, but radials. 8 ply tires. My first ride was nothing but sharp rocks and they held up great. Hers is the link and some pictures.

View attachment 72825

View attachment 72826

Good looking tires. Do they measure a true 26"?

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Good looking tires. Do they measure a true 26"?

Yes they do. Every bit of 26. Tough as nails and I like the tread pattern a little better than the big horns. Not to mention the price.

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

View attachment 72825

View attachment 72826

So you bought 4 Artrax CTX Radial Tire 26x9-12 and paid for express shipping ? nice

I have a question: if all 4 tires are the same size is there much of an overall tire diameter difference because of the rim width

Last edited:
B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
So you bought 4 Artrax CTX Radial Tire 26x9-12 and paid for express shipping ? nice

I have a question: if all 4 tires are the same size is there much of an overall tire diameter difference because of the rim width

Actually I got 26x9x12 front and 26x11x12 rear. Did not pay for express shipping. Shipping was free. Took 3 days to get

Reactions: rtn001 and Eltobgi
B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
@bobbybog how are the Airtrax doing?

Personally I love them. I have about 1000 miles on them and no issues. I lowered tire pressure to about 6 and the ride is improved. They are pretty stiff sidewall tires. Dig great in mud and nice radial ride on hard road. My buddy just put them on his 570 rzr also and he loves them so far too.

I would definitely buy again.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Personally I love them. I have about 1000 miles on them and no issues. I lowered tire pressure to about 6 and the ride is improved. They are pretty stiff sidewall tires. Dig great in mud and nice radial ride on hard road. My buddy just put them on his 570 rzr also and he loves them so far too.

I would definitely buy again.

Sounds good.

If you have more pics that the ones you already posted, I'd love to see them?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t know about the Sun F but I do know that Wanda makes one like that and it’s pretty good.

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 72825

View attachment 72826

How did you get them for that price? Shows $335 for me. Thanks

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
How did you get them for that price? Shows $335 for me. Thanks

Well that was over a year ago so maybe the price went up some. You should compare that to the bighorns and you are doing really good!

N

Nathan_Davis

Mar 17, 2019
Old Fort N.C.
Ownership

1. 500
Just bought a set of the Sun F .I've only had them for a week so far they great had to lower the pressure to 6 lb.It goes so much better and smoothed the ride up a lot.

Reactions: rtn001 and DG Rider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!