Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just received my windshield, there instructions are pretty good. Three steps I feel make the install much easier and better are, which are in the instructions;
1- don't remove protective coating, only peel back what you need to.
2- soak the seal in hot water to make it more pliable.
3- don't tighten any thing up and you may want to loosen the factory installed hardware, until you have everything lined up like you want it. VERY IMPORTANT!

What they don't tell you is how to make the final alignment between upper and lower windshields. The fasteners that you will need to tighten are the top windshield pivot point and shock mount points found the upper windshield to have very little adjustments due to the upper windshield and shock brackets. The only real adjustment I found for the top windshield was the vertical angle of the upper windshield brackets. The only way I found aline the windshields was manipulation of the height of lower wind shield. When I loosely installed the lower wind shield I used the bottom of the head rest and how it comprresed the seal for starters. Even with all the hardware loose I had to use a rubber mallet to tap the ROP windshield clamps up or down for alignment. Then I started tightening fasteners on the top windshield, then I checked alignment and made final adjustments to lower wind shield, tighten up those fasteners. Go over all fasteners, even if you didn't loosen them and finally remove protective film. Happy trails. If anybody has better tips, please feel free to add them Thanks!

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Reactions: BWAF and Hondoman
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just received my windshield, there instructions are pretty good. Three steps I feel make the install much easier and better are, which are in the instructions;
1- don't remove protective coating, only peel back what you need to.
2- soak the seal in hot water to make it more pliable.
3- don't tighten any thing up and you may want to loosen the factory installed hardware, until you have everything lined up like you want it. VERY IMPORTANT!

What they don't tell you is how to make the final alignment between upper and lower windshields. The fasteners that you will need to tighten are the top windshield pivot point and shock mount points found the upper windshield to have very little adjustments due to the upper windshield and shock brackets. The only real adjustment I found for the top windshield was the vertical angle of the upper windshield brackets. The only way I found aline the windshields was manipulation of the height of lower wind shield. When I loosely installed the lower wind shield I used the bottom of the head rest and how it comprresed the seal for starters. Even with all the hardware loose I had to use a rubber mallet to tap the ROP windshield clamps up or down for alignment. Then I started tightening fasteners on the top windshield, then I checked alignment and made final adjustments to lower wind shield, tighten up those fasteners. Go over all fasteners, even if you didn't loosen them and finally remove protective film. Happy trails. If anybody has better tips, please feel free to add them Thanks!
Is your camera broke?
Hahaha.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
. D2a79131d94348d7866ceed886aedd0d

tigerj

tigerj

Nov 27, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those are good tips.

I would add:
Add some grease inside the clamps to eliminate squeaking.
Be careful how you clean to prevent scratching. I usually pressure wash then apply plexus with a microfiber rag.
Robot Check
what kind of grease do you recommend and how much? totally new to all of this but just received my windshield!

Reactions: Hondoman
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
what kind of grease do you recommend and how much? totally new to all of this but just received my windshield!
I think any grease would work really, I used lithium.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I agree with @Hondoman, lithium seems to hold up pretty good for muddy and dusty conditions. I usually spray all my stuff.

20191203 232346

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!