P1000 SUper ATV Flip UP Windshield Installation Interference problem

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good evening tribe,
I installed a Honda Hard Top , part # 0SR85-HL4-501 last night. I has purchased a SATV flip up windshield after verifying compatibility in this forum as well as SATV website. The lower windshield installed without Issue, but when I attempted to Install the upper, the SATV clamps interfered directly with the existing clamps of the Honda windshield. I followed the instructions explicitly and even looked at SATV’s You Tube installation vide So I did not cut corners.

I am attaching pictures so that interested parties might assist. Many Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

Spoonbill

6E1B758F 9331 4F93 84C1 BACDBDA8CD09 3CAF1357 0042 4A5B ADB0 96A0013649F0 77F11978 F230 450C 9917 BD8EB748A96F 90E4274B 89BA 4EF0 81A4 CB1350D650E8 547B7629 E7B4 4B5D A500 638B5254C81D

Reactions: SuperATV
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you so much for posting these JD!

Three more questions:
1) Could you Please take a picture from the front with the windshield closed (I am trying to assess the final fit)?
2) Did the installation require quite a bit of finessing?
3) Did You attach all the final hyd. To the pivot mechanism after the install or was everything installed before you installed the upper windshield?

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Seems like I installed mine differently than the instructions suggested. Been a good while ago, can't remember exactly. Seems like we installed the gas strut tubes last. Also think we kept everything a little loose once it was all installed, then made final fitment adjustments, then tightened everything.

D

DJDOC

Aug 8, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed this a couple of days ago. Already had the factory roof on and had a hard time installing the way SuperATV recommended. I installed the upper windshield arms and gas struts first and then brought the upper windshield up and connected it to the brackets. You will definitely need 1 extra set of hands when you go to put the windshield on to the brackets.

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you so much for posting these JD!

Three more questions:
1) Could you Please take a picture from the front with the windshield closed (I am trying to assess the final fit)?
2) Did the installation require quite a bit of finessing?
3) Did You attach all the final hyd. To the pivot mechanism after the install or was everything installed before you installed the upper windshield?
Thanks to all who assisted in this Project; I always get excellent, informative advice through this forum.
1) it does require a bit of thinking through the interference issues before even thinking about installation of the upper Windshield
2) As mentioned, everything needs to be in loose ly fitted,
3) install the hydraulic arms but leave the final pivot point install to the last. I wrapped my ball joints with some of the packing material so as to not beat up the windshield during the upper installation.
4) I disconnect the clamps in the roof in case I needed some wiggle room during the upper installation.
5) aligned the windshield clamps in the open position and Tilted the Upper windshield back and up while at the same ensuring the clamshell clamps came up and behind the ROPS. Them fold them over and secure with a single screw.
6) Performed the final alignment and closed the windshield, made the final adjustments and installed the remaining screws and secured everything .

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, looking for suggestions from experienced installers. My upper glass comes down to meet the lower glass, but it does not connect on the weatherstrip. The upper is connecting the lower plastic on plastic. The lower portion needs to go down, but that is pushed down on the bulb gasket about as much as it can where it meets the hood/dash. The upper portion can not go higher that I can see as the left and right brackets have no adjustment, the upper clamp is where it is and nothing allows up/down adjustment. I want the upper glass to slide up and swing down to rest on the weatherstrip of the lower glass, but again it's touching the plastic below the strip.

Last edited:
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am experiencing the exact same problem. I intend to call Super ATV this AM to see if there is a simple fix. It appears they have several points of adjustment, except this most important one!

Reactions: Wellzy and SuperATV
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called SATV this AM. They are aware of this pesky little issue. I recommended simply adding another strip of weatherproofing as a stop Gasp Measure until design changes are made. This is a simple fix; SATV just needs to design the center clamp post wit the flexibility to move it from or back depending on the specific installation.

Reactions: Wellzy and SuperATV
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for helping and looking into this. What I did which is temporary, was the weather strip left overs was about 9 inches. I cut that into 3 pieces 2.5 inches long, and stuck that over the long original strip. I put one at each end and one dead center at the latch. Now, the upper glass comes down onto the weather strip additions. I want to just get another long strip and I will run the entire length of the bottom section. Now I have spaces where air can come up through, but with one extra strip that is full length, it will be sealed.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spoonbill, if you would be able, could you provide me with the customer service number you used. I will look into getting them to send another strip if they would be willing, with a charge to me or not.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Spoonbill, if you would be able, could you provide me with the customer service number you used. I will look into getting them to send another strip if they would be willing, with a charge to me or not.
Hey!
Give us a call at 855-743-3427. We should have some guys on the line till at least 8pm tonight. Maybe 9.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was able to send an email to the company last night, I will check to see if there is a reply first, so I won't need to explain the issue twice. Thank you very much for reaching out to me, I will call if needed. Thank you again!:)

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, I tried to get the bottom portion lower by loosening the left and right brackets and pulling down, then tightening them. I think the upper and lower are lined up at the weatherstrip. But then I see the upper portion on the driver side is touching the large bar clamp for the bracket. The passenger side is not touching the clamp on that side.

IMG 8389 IMG 8390 IMG 8391 IMG 8392

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good evening tribe,
I installed a Honda Hard Top , part # 0SR85-HL4-501 last night. I has purchased a SATV flip up windshield after verifying compatibility in this forum as well as SATV website. The lower windshield installed without Issue, but when I attempted to Install the upper, the SATV clamps interfered directly with the existing clamps of the Honda windshield. I followed the instructions explicitly and even looked at SATV’s You Tube installation vide So I did not cut corners.

I am attaching pictures so that interested parties might assist. Many Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

Spoonbill

View attachment 221321 View attachment 221323 View attachment 221325 View attachment 221326 View attachment 221327
Do you want pictures of my Honda roof clamps with SATV windshield clamps?
It takes some loose fitting but fits perfectly in the end.

kaspar139

kaspar139

May 10, 2021
Conroe, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you post a picture up close of the inside view when it's closed all the way? Mine seems to be at a very sharp angle when the handle is in the catch when closed... doesn't seem "right", like it's tilted back.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!