P1000 Flip up or Flip down?

Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have flip down on my Pioneer / SATV FLIP up on my Talon / full glass fold down on my RZR . If the SATV flip would have been first instead of last , they would all have SATV FLIP . Oh , BTW , The plexi flip down on the Pioneer is my LEAST FAVORITE by far .
If you don't mind explaining... why is the flip down on your Pioneer the least favorite?
Thanks,
Tie

Reactions: WagginTail
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
If you don't mind explaining... why is the flip down on your Pioneer the least favorite?
Thanks,
Tie
It's not as clear as the other two BUT the big thing is that you have to stop and get out to put it down and secure it . The glass RYfab one on my RZR is great BUT the same problem , you have to stop . The flip is great because you can JUST DO IT at any speed w/o even slowing down , let alone stopping . Closed / vented / full open .

Reactions: Tie and WagginTail
J

JFID

Aug 21, 2022
NORTH IDAHO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone, we just took ownership of a 2022 PIK5 deluxe and purchased the SATV flip up windshield but I noticed on the website it says it’s not compatible with the ORM Roof. Is this true or is there a fix to make it work?

288DBD15 0027 4BB2 85B0 9038AD6510EF

J

JFID

Aug 21, 2022
NORTH IDAHO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the hard plastic Honda roof, and its great. It fit well during installation too.I don't know anything about the SATV roof; I don't they offered one when I was in the market for one.
For the SATV flip up windshield, it has two arms that are pressurized that go in and out. They hold it open when riding and going over bumps, etc. That was my question too, before I got it. But it has been flawless for the 5 years I've had it. Rock solid. Only thing is that the windshield has to be closed when trailering it. Its also super easy to close while riding, where as someone mentioned having to stop and take a minute to close the flip down windshield.
The fold down seemed like it would get dirty easier and it would break easier if something fell on it while open. But not sure about that.
Yours fit with the hard top OEM roof?

B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yours fit with the hard top OEM roof?
Yes. I installed both the SATV flip up windshield and the Honda roof, and had no issues. If you have another adult to help, it will go a bit easier and faster. I did not see that message when I bought mine, and I looked things over a lot. Maybe give SATV a call and ask. They are very helpful. Did you look up the OEM roof # they listed to see if that is the exact one you were going to order?

P

Piercej40

May 16, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am in the process of installing a super ATV flip out windshield on My P1K-5. In the first couple lines of the instruction, it says that super ATV does not recommend leaving the windshield installed on the machine while transporting it in an open air trailer. Sounds like a pain to take this thing apart and store it someplace while traveling. I'm just wondering if anybody leaves there upper windshield on while towing the side by side down the highway?
Thanks...Jim
PXL 20220822 124634476

PXL 20220822 124634476

Reactions: SuperATV
B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am in the process of installing a super ATV flip out windshield on My P1K-5. In the first couple lines of the instruction, it says that super ATV does not recommend leaving the windshield installed on the machine while transporting it in an open air trailer. Sounds like a pain to take this thing apart and store it someplace while traveling. I'm just wondering if anybody leaves there upper windshield on while towing the side by side down the highway?
Thanks...JimView attachment 350002

View attachment 349999
I trailer mine with no problems. Others do too. Just make sure you close it when trailering.

J

JFID

Aug 21, 2022
NORTH IDAHO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update. I called SATV and they said that the flip up windshield is not compatible with the OEM hard plastic roof. So I’m totally confused how others have installed it with the OEM roof. Aren’t all the OEM roofs the same? I have
OSR85-HL4–A50

B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update. I called SATV and they said that the flip up windshield is not compatible with the OEM hard plastic roof. So I’m totally confused how others have installed it with the OEM roof. Aren’t all the OEM roofs the same? I have
OSR85-HL4–A50
I believe that's the roof I have as well. Not sure if SATV changed their windshield or if Honda changed their roof. I bought both of mine in 2018 or 2019.

Reactions: JFID
J

JFID

Aug 21, 2022
NORTH IDAHO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok not sure if Honda changed their roof mine is the 2022. I’ll try it out and report back thank you

Reactions: Smitty335
brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Little Rock, AR & Crawford, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the SATV flip up on my 2021 1000-3 I picked up in December. Honda OEM roof, works fine. Make sure to check/keep the fasteners tight! I have a couple of 2200 mile round trips towing with the combination, 70-75 mph. On a sunny day, I can sometimes see a reflection from that windshield on stuff in front of my truck. I'm sure it's blinding at times to oncoming drivers. The top wants to wiggle just a bit (probably from wind coming off the windshield), but the windshield itself doesn't move.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good evening, as part of the build I have installed the Super ATV tinted roof which I am happy with at this point. The clear top keeps the atmosphere light inside when driving... you hardly notice it is there. It doesn't wrap around like the OEM roof, so I am not sure how it will work with ?sides? and ?rear enclosure? when that comes.
I know, and agree with the school of "why get a SxS if you are just going to close it in... just get a jeep!" This is Canada and it gets cool at speed during hunting season... just saying.
More to come...

Roof external Roof internal

Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone, I have a question. I ordered the flip up windshield from Super ATV and this is how the bottom fits... this just doesn't seem right to me? Did they send me the wrong parts? With this big curve and huge gap, what is the point of having a windshield?
Your thoughts?
This is a 2022 Pioneer 100 - 5

The lower section also doesn't fit the hood very well. At least a 1/2" gap in the center section between the windshield and the hood.

Flip up 1 Flip up 2

Last edited:
Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like above, swap left to right. Here's a link to the instructions: https://www.superatv.com/amfile/file/download/file/1473/product/1656/
Hello, thank you for your feedback. The online instructions are much better than the paper I received with the unit. However, having looked at the instructions you sent me above, it now makes sense why this doesn't fit. It seems I have been sent the wrong pieces. I will attach photos of what I received. Please advise, and thank you. I received two of each in the pictures and nothing else to attach to the roll cage.

Brackets1 Bracket2

Reactions: SuperATV and ChadD
Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Brackets are backwards. Swap left to right and right to left
Hello, thank you for your feedback. The online instructions are much better than the paper I received with the unit. However, having looked at the instructions you sent me above, it now makes sense why this doesn't fit. It seems I have been sent the wrong pieces. I will attach photos of what I received. Please advise, and thank you. I received two of each in the pictures and nothing else to attach to the roll cage.

Bracket2 Brackets1

Reactions: ChadD
Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like you have all the brackets. The bottom of the window only has 2 clamps. The top has 4. You had the 2 on the bottom on the wrong side.
Thank you, I will try again on the weekend... fingers crossed.

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!