P700 SuperATV Flip up windshield less expensive alternative?

C

c00lzero

Nov 15, 2020
nonya, bizz
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello, new owner of 700-4 for the family. After a bit of research here it seems fairly consistent that SperATV flip up is recommended.....with about the only conn I see being the price. I see some that flip down but that doesn't seem like a great idea to collect element sediment on the inside of it, then dump in your face if you try to lift it up. As reference I'm in a southern state where it's mostly hot but plan to take trips to mid US. Does anyone have a good alternative that might be a bit less?

Reactions: NTCPrezJB and TimG
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The cheap alternatives will disappoint and scratch easily. Do yourself a favor and buy the Super ATV Flip up once and be done with it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks Jackal, still searching the forum I've found that answer once or twice also lol. I'll cry once, appreciate it.
You are welcome, if you send SuperATV a private message on here as they are a vendor, they will give you a discount code for 10% off. That should save you $45 off full price. Just look above at the envelope in the task bar next to your avatar, click envelope and then start new conversation, then just add SuperATV and ask for a discount code. They usually reply within 3 days.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The cheap alternatives will disappoint and scratch easily. Do yourself a favor and buy the Super ATV Flip up once and be done with it.
Thanks Jackal, still searching the forum I've found that answer once or twice also lol. I'll cry once, appreciate it.
Agreed! You get what you pay for 😉
I bought mine around this time last year, they have good deals around Thanksgiving/black Friday. I think I saved about $80/$90 on mine. Like Jamal said, send them a private msg.

Oh and welcome to the club! from South FL.

And........pics or it didn't happen!!

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, new owner of 700-4 for the family. After a bit of research here it seems fairly consistent that SperATV flip up is recommended.....with about the only conn I see being the price. I see some that flip down but that doesn't seem like a great idea to collect element sediment on the inside of it, then dump in your face if you try to lift it up. As reference I'm in a southern state where it's mostly hot but plan to take trips to mid US. Does anyone have a good alternative that might be a bit less?

This is worth every penny. Put your patience hat on when you go to install it. Took me 3 hours. And I'm pretty handy / smart / engineer / whatever.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
C

c00lzero

Nov 15, 2020
nonya, bizz
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dang just catching up, already pulled the trigger but will take my time on install, appreciate y'all!

Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
When running with the windshield up does the middle of the windshield flex or bounce alot?

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang just catching up, already pulled the trigger but will take my time on install, appreciate y'all!

Helpful hints:

- Loosen every single screw before mounting anything and when you mount something do not tighten anything.
- Use the bottom windshield center slots to your advantage. Again do not tighten the bracket at all !!!
- soak the rubber seal in hot water as suggested...........for about 5 mins.......... but even then you'll need a rubber mallet to get it seated right
- Don't tighten ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until you are 100% certain everything is level and lined up.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As an added bonus fyi....there is another gentlemen on here @clifforeilly that makes a replacement handle that has additional opening positions once your bank account recovers. His website is.....https://www.wfosxs.com/ I haven't seen him around the forum lately, but he pops on sporadically.

Welcome to the club. We are great at helping others spend their hard earned money.

#NTC

C

c00lzero

Nov 15, 2020
nonya, bizz
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks guys looks like I installed as y'all replied, fitment was checked and rechecked but everything is aligned and Ok I believe. I saw the aftermarket handle, just got a 3d printer so may look to make my own if it seems beneficial.

IMG 20201119 132651 IMG 20201119 132700

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I ended up lox-titeing all my screws. We had some pretty washboard trails this summer and after 400 miles a screw where the top of the windshield meets the cage fell out.

luckily it fell in my lap while driving. I bungee corded back in place for the rest of the 50 miles home. I couldn’t put it back in cause I didn’t have anything that would fit the screw. I added Allen wrenches to my glovebox just in case it happens again.

I love the windshield though. It barely even moves over washboard trails while in any position.

Reactions: Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
AW! Grasshopper has spoken wisdom!

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!