P1000 SuperATV lift without spring spacers?

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I did search and couldn’t find an answer anywhere...

I’m looking to lift my Pioneer a little bit to make up for the clearance I lost with the plow mount. I’d like to avoid spring spacers. I’ve been looking at the High Lifter 2.5” kit and the SuperATV 3” kit. I like the brackets a whole lot better on the SuperATV kit, but the kit calls for spacers on all 4 springs.

So my question is this: Obviously it’s possible to run the kit without the spacers, but does anyone know how much lift I’d get with just the brackets of the SuperATV kit?

Thanks in advance.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I did search and couldn’t find an answer anywhere...

I’m looking to lift my Pioneer a little bit to make up for the clearance I lost with the plow mount. I’d like to avoid spring spacers. I’ve been looking at the High Lifter 2.5” kit and the SuperATV 3” kit. I like the brackets a whole lot better on the SuperATV kit, but the kit calls for spacers on all 4 springs.

So my question is this: Obviously it’s possible to run the kit without the spacers, but does anyone know how much lift I’d get with just the brackets of the SuperATV kit?

Thanks in advance.

Hi.
Assuming you have factory shocks. Yes?
Is your only goal to collect the lost travel on the front? You should reconsider the shock spacers or I highkey recomend a set of aftermarket shocks that you can adjust for winter months. Could also find a second OEM used set cheap and put spacers on them for the winter.

Doing this will let the shocks handle the added load.

Once you done it a few times you can install spacers in 10-20 minuets per shock.

Sorry. I dont have the answers on the SATV lift. I do know most of the lift you get will come from the spacers. At least 1/2 or better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi.
Assuming you have factory shocks. Yes?
All stock, base model machine. I’ve got no complaints about how it handles in the wonder with the plow on it, I’m just trying to make up for the ground clearance I lost with the KFI plow mount. I never had much of a problem out on the trails before, but it seems like I find a lot of rocks with that plow mount on there. I guess the easiest solution is to just pull the plow mount at the end of the season, but I figured a couple inches of lift wouldn’t hurt either way. Just didn’t want to go a full 3” or affect ride quality with spring spacers.

I’ve got an email into SuperATV, I’ll update this thread when/if I get an answer from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure what they mean by this but here’s what I got back from SuperATV:

“Its going to be a 3 in lift over all with the brackets. The spacers and there to compensate for the lift.”

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
They dont have those measurements.

I know from the 700. The spacers gave more lift then the lift kit. Ended up taking the lift off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like Hondasxs said i would stay away from the lift and go with spacers. Lift will make it ride like a brick. You can go to a local steel shop and have some steel pipe cut for spacers for aroun 20 bucks for all 4

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like Hondasxs said i would stay away from the lift and go with spacers. Lift will make it ride like a brick. You can go to a local steel shop and have some steel pipe cut for spacers for aroun 20 bucks for all 4

Interesting. I thought the spacers are what would ruin the ride. This is why I love this forum. Always new stuff to learn.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting. I thought the spacers are what would ruin the ride. This is why I love this forum. Always new stuff to learn.
It will stiffen it some...but the lift changes the shock angles and will affect the ride even more so. I ran spacers and lift seperate and together. Lift rides worse

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe shock spacers lift at twice the height.
So if you install a 1" spacer, you will get a 2" lift.

Reactions: GlockMeister

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!