Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 0900
IMG 0901
IMG 0902
IMG 0903
IMG 0904
IMG 0905
My SuperAtv split windshield came in on Friday got it installed Saturday. Install was pretty straight forward, instructions are part of the packing list not in the box. Came with Two scratches on the lower section. Do your self a favor and remove the white backing from under all the hardware first. I didn't think of that and installed the windshield and then realized I had to get the backing off and had to take each piece of hardware apart to remove backing. That added about 45 minutes to the install. Haven't had a chance to do any trail riding yet, maybe next week. I ordered from SuperAtv site and was $355.00 free shipping

J

JTW

I really like mine.. two things though.

One, I'd suggest adding some grease between the rops and brackets to keep them from squeaking.

Two, there needs to be a seal between the roof and top of the windshield to keep rain from coming in when running down the road. I cut a piece of alumabond and put a gasket on both sides and attached it to the rops with a couple 1 3/4" exhaust hangers. Works very well!!

RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

One, I'd suggest adding some grease between the rops and brackets to keep them from squeaking.

Two, there needs to be a seal between the roof and top of the windshield to keep rain from coming in when running down the road. I cut a piece of alumabond and put a gasket on both sides and attached it to the rops with a couple 1 3/4" exhaust hangers. Works very well!!
Great idea, I was wondering what I was going to do about the gap, thanks for sharing

Reactions: Dp5hunter
RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Have any pictures of that installation? Thanks

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Trust me it thus go fast enough. It's like u have another weather sistem inside the P500. :p:)

Reactions: JTW
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine arrived Friday, install was easy. I removed the white plastic film before I started. The lower piece had a bunch of scratches in one corner. It looked to me that it was caused during shipping from another part rubbing it. Called Super ATV and they are sending out another lower section. They were very concerned about how it happened. Box was undamaged. I was very impressed with their customer service. I bought it last week when it was on sale, then was also able to use the 10% discount. $335, free shipping.

advertisement
Mattdlg

Mattdlg

May 16, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok, I made a video. Its not great.
but this will show you my install and look. I am happy with it though.

I dont have a pro-fess-ional channnel and I just figured out how to make it public but I hope the link works (my kiddos figured out I had it set to private).

Last edited:
Reactions: lee and Dp5hunter
Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also just installed this windshield last week. It's a life saver compared to the full windshield I had before. I've had on 2 rides. The first ride was just 3-4 hours but I got aggravated because the two large Allen bolts at the top, one on each side that hold all the weight when the windshield is in the raised position, kept backing out on the trail and letting the windshield rattle and move around. I added some Loctite before I went back on an all day ride Thursday and never had a single issue again. In the summer heat, this windshield is fantastic! I've not had it at high speed in the rain yet to see about the water issue over the top. My lower also had a big scratch on the lower passenger side corner. It's out of the way enough that I didn't bother calling SuperATV for a new one. It's right above the gasket so it's down low out of the way but probably a big round scratch the size of a quarter.

Mattdlg

Mattdlg

May 16, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Bobby_BAS I had the same experience. I haven't rode since I put Loctite last weekend but I am hoping it stops the bolts from backing out. On the trail it sucks when the windshield falls, and luckily the bolts fell into the cab so I recovered them. I also had a scratch once i pulled the plastic off and cleaned it, I show towards the end of the video. I still love the windshield, it is awesome.

I did notice it creates a vacuum/suction with the windshield closed and I got a smell of gasoline so I ordered a vent tube relocation kit from the link here in the forums and lets see if it stops the smell, plus I am gonna snorkel it anyways.

I haven't ridden in rain yet.

Reactions: Bobby_BAS
H

Hucker

Jul 30, 2016
SE AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone else taken the skin off their knuckles when shifting it into park? I did it this weekend. The next time I shifted into park, I did it again, right in the same spot. Grossed my wife out....lol

I bought 12" of 5/16" clear tubing, split it with my exacto knife, and slid it on the edge. Should prevent a threepeat....

That ledge on the lower half should be cut back away from the shift lever, IMHO.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!