P1000 SuperAtv split windshield thoughts

BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered my SATV windshield on eBay with 15% off for $383

At beginning of thread, windshield sold for $350? SATV raised price to $450?!?

Honda OEM split was even more $$$. LoL
The thread started 18 months ago. Since that time, the windshield has had some redesigns (for example, no longer a knuckle basher when shifting). Add inflation, cost of retooling, manufacturing volume increase as more Pioneer's head out on the road, cost of materials and handling, improving packaging to prevent damage during shipment... a 30% increase is insignificant. Add to that: factory workers with health insurance plans aren't cheap.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

JTW

The thread started 18 months ago. Since that time, the windshield has had some redesigns (for example, no longer a knuckle basher when shifting). Add inflation, cost of retooling, manufacturing volume increase as more Pioneer's head out on the road, cost of materials and handling, improving packaging to prevent damage during shipment... a 30% increase is insignificant. Add to that: factory workers with health insurance plans aren't cheap.
They’re made in China, so I’m pretty sure the factory worker argument is invalid.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They’re made in China, so I’m pretty sure the factory worker argument is invalid.
Capture23

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!