P1000 SuperAtv split windshield thoughts

J

JTW

Has anyone else taken the skin off their knuckles when shifting it into park? I did it this weekend. The next time I shifted into park, I did it again, right in the same spot. Grossed my wife out....lol

I bought 12" of 5/16" clear tubing, split it with my exacto knife, and slid it on the edge. Should prevent a threepeat....

That ledge on the lower half should be cut back away from the shift lever, IMHO.
I used sand paper on the edges

Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Clear tubing is an idea I hadn't thought about but yes, I've always torn my knuckles when going to park or reaching for the cup holder on my left side. Like JTW, I planned to sand the edges. If that doesn't fix it, I'll check on the tubing.

Mattdlg

Mattdlg

May 16, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
lol yep. at the end of my video i took the skin off my knuckles twice before I realized I had to change my habits. I'm a little hard headed sometimes!

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Greatest windshield ever. I had one on my Teryx4 and now I have one on the P1000-5. Like people said, Loctite everything, including the screw-on ends on the hydraulic dampers. They come loose.
And add some grease between the clamps and rops.. mine squeaked more than a whores bed!

Bouvierbogger

Bouvierbogger

Dec 28, 2015
Springport, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't bought any acc. for my 1000-5 yet. Can you go fast with this windshield in the open position? I am worried about it slamming closed when I have a hard hit.

J

JTW

I haven't bought any acc. for my 1000-5 yet. Can you go fast with this windshield in the open position? I am worried about it slamming closed when I have a hard hit.
Yeah.. it will bow up if running down the highway. You can't make it close at speed. Now I have had it close on the trail when I've hit hard. But it's few and far between.

Donnie

Donnie

Dec 18, 2015
SW Missouri
Has anyone else taken the skin off their knuckles when shifting it into park? I did it this weekend. The next time I shifted into park, I did it again, right in the same spot. Grossed my wife out....lol

I bought 12" of 5/16" clear tubing, split it with my exacto knife, and slid it on the edge. Should prevent a threepeat....

That ledge on the lower half should be cut back away from the shift lever, IMHO.

Yes, took the sander to the sharp edges and haven't had an issue since.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I really like mine.. two things though.

One, I'd suggest adding some grease between the rops and brackets to keep them from squeaking.

Two, there needs to be a seal between the roof and top of the windshield to keep rain from coming in when running down the road. I cut a piece of alumabond and put a gasket on both sides and attached it to the rops with a couple 1 3/4" exhaust hangers. Works very well!!
where's the pics of this mod ?

Reactions: Windrock1000
advertisement
J

JTW

Ok.. so here was my solution for the gap up top of the flip windshield. If it's raining hard and you're cruising down the blacktop... you WILL get soaked without something plugging that gap.

It's just a piece of alumabond (thin aluminum on each side of a plastic core.. it's used on signs a lot) I cut out the roof shape.. added pipe insulation up top and a channel gasket for where the bottom of the alumabond and top of the windshield meet. To attach it all I just used two 1.75" exhaust ubolts on the rops which gave me a nice flat surface.. I ran the ubolts through the alumaborad and tightened it down. Nothing fancy but it works well.

IMG 4726 IMG 4727 IMG 4728 IMG 4729 IMG 4730 IMG 4731

Reactions: bjmc and Dp5hunter
Z

zzonner

Feb 20, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, you guys have sold me on this windshield. Now, where did you buy it? SuperATV has it listed for $449 but says they can drop it $30, reluctantly. She said you probably bought it from a dealer for the lower price and I should scour the internet looking for a better price. Makes no sense to me, but I thought I would ask you guys. Thanks.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i love mine but added a piece of angle iron under the bottom half and bolted to latch and to sides really stiffened up the windsheild and overall strength painted balck to match

Pioneer  2

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, you guys have sold me on this windshield. Now, where did you buy it? SuperATV has it listed for $449 but says they can drop it $30, reluctantly. She said you probably bought it from a dealer for the lower price and I should scour the internet looking for a better price. Makes no sense to me, but I thought I would ask you guys. Thanks.
check amzon got mine cheaper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!