P1000 SuperAtv split windshield thoughts

D

Deleted member 3748

I just installed the SuperATV split windshield and everything is fine, except the outer corners on each edge of the upper half bow out a little from the lower half. Will they fall into place over time or will they bounce and annoy me until I jam some more gasket material in there?

Reactions: trigger
J

JTW

I just installed the SuperATV split windshield and everything is fine, except the outer corners on each edge of the upper half bow out a little from the lower half. Will they fall into place over time or will they bounce and annoy me until I jam some more gasket material in there?
I’m not following.. pics?

D

Deleted member 3748

I’m not following.. pics?
Here it is. The windshield halves aren't hitting and it's only sticking out the last few inches on each side. I tried rotating and twisting the clamps, but I must be missing something. The good news is it doesn't make any noise... it's just a visual problem.

20180722 104235

J

JTW

Here it is. The windshield halves aren't hitting and it's only sticking out the last few inches on each side. I tried rotating and twisting the clamps, but I must be missing something. The good news is it doesn't make any noise... it's just a visual problem.

View attachment 81693
You sure the little blocks half way up the windshield are on the correct sides.. I’m betting not. That allows the shock to sit too far out.

D

Deleted member 3748

You sure the little blocks half way up the windshield are on the correct sides.. I’m betting not. That allows the shock to sit too far out.
Those were pre installed so, no I'm not sure. I'll play with those and see if i can get it to sit flat. Thanks!

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like my satv split windshield as well. Mine came mostly pre-assembled. Instructions came in the box and the white protective film came off without removing any screws. I installed it by myself which was a little difficult. The only adjustment i had to make was to loosen all of the screws on the upper section and slide it toward the passenger side some to align with the lower piece. The lower gasket fits good enough against the dash. I dont hit my hand when using the gear selector like some do.

Overall, i recommend it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

What did you install it on, the P5 or the new machine?

D

Deleted member 3748

Okay, so what I've learned is that I need to tinker with the factory installed pieces as well until it lays flat. Thanks guys!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
advertisement
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally got some seat time behind my satv split windshield this weekend. Went to my deer lease to trim/cut trees and fill feeders. Left it open the whole time. Max speed was probably 20mph and ran over alot of rough terrain.

No problems at all.

Reactions: JTW and Dp5hunter
BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like mine, but....but...do not forget to locktite the bolts. I forgot the right side and it fell off in like 20 miles. Now I "think" I got them all.......
I just installed mine the other night. I did it by myself, but an extra set of hands would’ve made not scratching easier... although I performed the task without scratching (surprised even meself).
I need to go back and locktite the hardware. It’s the nature of the beast - the design of a flexible polymer clamp that indeterminitely tightens on the bar (and never completely closes) is bound to have loose hardware - you can never get the two bolts equally tight, and thus one is always looser and prone to vibrating out. Although maybe I’ll use a torque wrench to get them as equally tight as possible...
Looking at pictures that some of you posted, it seems like the bottom quarter panel is taller than in the past; that sharp lip is well above the shift lever in my machine, so no knuckle dragging for me. Mine cost me about $430 if I recall... I’m very happy with the shield, particularly the flip up feature, and I think it’ll be the bees knees for keeping rain from pouring off the roof onto my legs. For what it’s worth, I’ve only driven around the block since installing (meaning this report has little value for longevity or working out any glitches).
Oh, and I had no conflict between the Honda roof brackets and the SuperATV brackets... although there is no room to spare. I had to mount the bracket to the bar first, then bolt the windshield arm to the bracket, as it would not slide in (roof on) fully assembled.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, and I had no conflict between the Honda roof brackets and the SuperATV brackets... although there is no room to spare. I had to mount the bracket to the bar first, then bolt the windshield arm to the bracket, as it would not slide in (roof on) fully assembled.

I had to do the same thing. mount the brackets and then the upper windshield to them.

Reactions: BWAF and Dp5hunter
R

rmeyer11

Sep 24, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had the brackets where the windshield pivots break? I was on a ride yesterday when the driver's side of the windshield dropped (riding with it flipped up). After further inspection bother brackets we actually broken in 2.

IMG 20180831 162234

Reactions: Dp5hunter
BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update on my experience: I hadn't yet put thread locker on any hardware, and went out for a 15 mile ride last weekend. As others stated, the two large bolts at the top corners of the windshield (the ones that thread in upward) loosened and fell out in no time. Luckily I was able to find them on the trail (I saw them fall out immediately, and they went out the gap in the door, so had to do some searching each time). Vice grips to the rescue (reminder to add an Allen key set to the tool box...) kept me going on the trail; they're thread-locked now! No other hardware loosened.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and BWAF
S

Scuba0331

Jul 17, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kgpowersportstuff.com

Just ordered one for $410 on Thursday and it was at my house on Friday!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and BWAF
2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered my SATV windshield on eBay with 15% off for $383

At beginning of thread, windshield sold for $350? SATV raised price to $450?!?

Honda OEM split was even more $$$. LoL

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!