P500 SuperAtv winch

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone run the superatv line of winches? Was looking at the superatv 3500 black ops synthetic.

Also considering a superwinch LT4000 as well as a badland 3500. Trying to stay around the 200ish dollar mark. I’ll be using a KFI mount. What’s the best winch 3000-4500lb for my price range?

I thought if I got the bandland 3500 I could put synthetic rope on it get the wireless remote as well from Hf and use my one day only 25% off Labor Day coupon tomorrow. If I went this route including KFI mount I could have everything I need for <$250

Thoughts? The superatv 3500 is 199 on Amazon. I know the superwinch seems to lead the way around here...

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I'm using the Superwinch LT4000ATV SR - no complaints

Do you have the synthetic or wire? Think the LT is available in both. What all items were included with the winch??

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Superwinch is a good brand read somewhere online think it was in BC ATV where a guy did extensive research and found the Superwinch (in the Terra series) was more robust in construction and drew less amps. I bought the 3500 in the Terra series and it has been awesome. Now I’ve used it extensively for snow ploughing and on line out (under power) it makes a lot of noise, still works great no heat build just noisy. I came across a reasonable deal on amazon.ca for a Superwinch Terra in 4500 with synthetic so replace the 35. It draws significantly less power then the 35. I have the KFI winch mount, front mount plough set up with 66” blade excellent products. If you can swing synthetic line and a Terra series I’d do that.

Please keep in mind, my rig is primarily used for work, I spend lots a time in the middle of no where with just my machine so I can’t rely on others. Really with some snatch blocks and extra line a 2500 would work for the average application. Kinda depends on what you’re doing.

Following stays on mine, 4 snatch blocks, extra 50ft x2 of synthetic winchline and 100 ft of high quality rope, plus 50 ft of synthetic on the winch that I changed up to 1/4” line and a variety of rated lifting straps. And I used all of it one time last winter (with the Terra 35) to get out in the dark.... hahaha.
Cheers,
j

Reactions: HP5NC and Mudder
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Superwinch is a good brand read somewhere online think it was in BC ATV where a guy did extensive research and found the Superwinch (in the Terra series) was more robust in construction and drew less amps. I bought the 3500 in the Terra series and it has been awesome. Now I’ve used it extensively for snow ploughing and on line out (under power) it makes a lot of noise, still works great no heat build just noisy. I came across a reasonable deal on amazon.ca for a Superwinch Terra in 4500 with synthetic so replace the 35. It draws significantly less power then the 35. I have the KFI winch mount, front mount plough set up with 66” blade excellent products. If you can swing synthetic line and a Terra series I’d do that.

Please keep in mind, my rig is primarily used for work, I spend lots a time in the middle of no where with just my machine so I can’t rely on others. Really with some snatch blocks and extra line a 2500 would work for the average application. Kinda depends on what you’re doing.

Following stays on mine, 4 snatch blocks, extra 50ft x2 of synthetic winchline and 100 ft of high quality rope, plus 50 ft of synthetic on the winch that I changed up to 1/4” line and a variety of rated lifting straps. And I used all of it one time last winter (with the Terra 35) to get out in the dark.... hahaha.
Cheers,
j

Thanks for the reply! You can never be to prepared! Sounds like you have it covered!

My winch would only see occasional use most likely. Got some trees to move down in the woods and if I ever got stuck and then any other chores around the property or stringing up a deer to skin out that would be about it really. So I think 3500 lb is about ideal for the P5. There’s a lot of options in my 200 dollarish price range. Gets kinda blurry shopping. I mean at 200 bucks give or take are they all about equal more or less with that money. Do you have to really step up 350.00 plus to see a huge quality difference?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the reply! You can never be to prepared! Sounds like you have it covered!

My winch would only see occasional use most likely. Got some trees to move down in the woods and if I ever got stuck and then any other chores around the property or stringing up a deer to skin out that would be about it really. So I think 3500 lb is about ideal for the P5. There’s a lot of options in my 200 dollarish price range. Gets kinda blurry shopping. I mean at 200 bucks give or take are they all about equal more or less with that money. Do you have to really step up 350.00 plus to see a huge quality difference?

Totally agree 3500 is a perfect size for the P500, highly recommend synthetic line and I don’t think you can go wrong with a Superwinch. Really depends on what you’re doing, frequency of usage and budget. I’m guessing the higher dollar winches might have more robust internals, although I don’t know. I did notice the Terra 45 uses less draw then the T35, now for occasional use who cares and if you’re really concerned use a couple snatch blocks you’re cheering. Save the additional $150.00 and put into other mods.

Reactions: Mudder and HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Totally agree 3500 is a perfect size for the P500, highly recommend synthetic line and I don’t think you can go wrong with a Superwinch. Really depends on what you’re doing, frequency of usage and budget. I’m guessing the higher dollar winches might have more robust internals, although I don’t know. I did notice the Terra 45 uses less draw then the T35, now for occasional use who cares and if you’re really concerned use a couple snatch blocks you’re cheering. Save the additional $150.00 and put into other mods.

I agree. Getting off topic of my thread from the superatv 3500 winch......tractor supply has a superwinch A3500 for like 170. It’s wire and not synthetic. Sounds like a good buy and it’s superwinch above all. I was reading some of the Q&A on there and someone asked about switching to synthetic rope and they said the A3500 superwinch has a cast aluminum drum and would not support a synthetic rope??? I didn’t know the material of the drum matter? Anyone have any insight on that??

Superwinch A3500 ATV Winch, 3500 lb. Capacity at Tractor Supply Co.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have the synthetic or wire? Think the LT is available in both. What all items were included with the winch??
Synthetic Rope, I don't care for wire, IMO - kinks, frays, can tear your hands up
LT4000ATV - wire
LT4000ATV SR - Synthetic Rope
This will give you all the specs as well as what is included.
https://www.amazon.com/Superwinch-1140230-Black-LT4000ATV-Winch/dp/B00NM5U52S/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Price has gone up, I bought mine 2/10/17 on amazon for $210.71
Winch02 Winch03
Mounted controls on left side under cup holder for both dash switch and plug in for remote.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Synthetic Rope, I don't care for wire, IMO - kinks, frays, can tear your hands up
LT4000ATV - wire
LT4000ATV SR - Synthetic Rope
This will give you all the specs as well as what is included.
https://www.amazon.com/Superwinch-1140230-Black-LT4000ATV-Winch/dp/B00NM5U52S/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Price has gone up, I bought mine 2/10/17 on amazon for $210.71
View attachment 85515 View attachment 85516
Mounted controls on left side under cup holder for both dash switch and plug in for remote.

Yeah I was originally planning to get the superwinch LT 4000 in synthetic but like you said the price has gone up. Close to 300 now. Hence why I’m back shopping. Trying to stay around the 200 dollar mark. I seen the superAtv 3500 for 199 and was curious about it. By the way how’s that grandbaby doing?

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I was originally planning to get the superwinch LT 4000 in synthetic but like you said the price has gone up. Close to 300 now. Hence why I’m back shopping. Trying to stay around the 200 dollar mark. I seen the superAtv 3500 for 199 and was curious about it. By the way how’s that grandbaby doing?
She’s doing great, 14 weeks old tomorrow and a tad over 15 Lbs, thanks for asking.

Reactions: HP5NC
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
2500 changed out to 3500. Second the snatch block and extra line for off angle pulls/anchor points. Walking out of woods not in my plans. While you are going thru the effort, consider running at least 6 ga. Wire with terminals under hood and a 150+ amp waterproof switched circuit breaker near the battery. A handy set up to hook up future accessories. I pull trees also and like the wireless remotes for $15 off internet. Several related threads can be found on search for details.

7A09D088 BEBA 400C 8C88 B7BE446F79FA 1ABAABBE 8F61 458A 9C9A 3444788CFD84

Last edited:
BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for derailing the other thread, just now realized you started this one..

BTW, I am looking hard at the KFI Stealth 3500 combo. About $350.00 though.

Last edited:
Reactions: HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
So I’ve got a question with this Superatv 3500 black ops winch in relation to using the Honda subharness which I do plan to use.

3500 lb. Synthetic Rope ATV Winch -With Wireless Remote

When looking at the pics of all the components you’ll see superatv has the quick connects there. Pretty straight forward install from looking at the pics. But how would you use the Honda accessory subharness from what the pics on this superatv 3500 black ops shows??? Any idea? Looks like you have the contactor where the power cables from the winch to it goes then from the contactor to the battery. Then off the contractor superatv has the cable where you screw in the Y adapter that’s included and into that Y adaptor the rocket switch and wireless remote...am I missing something? Will the Honda accessory harness work with the way superatv has this setup to install? I like the way they have it. It’s very simple but I have been planing from the get go to use the Honda accessory subharness.....thoughts?

Last edited:
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I really did'nt see the need for the Honda harness.Mudder has the right idea,run at 2 leads from the battery [at least 6ga. I used 4ga. welding cable] to the supplied winch contact block.This block can be mounted in the front hood area.22 feet of 6 or 4ga will get from the batt.,under the passenger floor board,and up to your contact block.Mine is mounted on the "firewall".Your winch motor leads will hook to this block as well.Plenty of wire will come with the winch for this.Next locate the "keyed batt +" plug under the hood.This will be the power that supplys your rocker,remote or wireless control.Most winch kits come up short on the cables for battery power on SXS's,hence the reason for getting 22ft of 6 or 4ga. wire.As Mudder said,putting a circuit protection device of some sort neer the battery is a good idea as well.Having this set-up also allows easy access to good 12volt power for lights,ect. right there under the hood.My block can be seen right under my aux. battery.
DSC01236

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!