P500 superwinch terra 4500 is one powerful tool!

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
This past weekend at camp one of our members stuck his full size Chevy extended cab 4x4 up to the front axels. I pulled him out with the little P500 and the terra 4500 up hill with no snatch block.
I had to put a strap on the rear ball to a tree and re-position 3 times to get him out of the hole, but got him out it did! He couldn't believe the rope didn't break.

I do believe that I will need to change the rope before I try anything like that again. When I pulled it out to rewind after the winching I noticed that the rope looks "melted" together in places, also a couple of frays. Have any of you ever had to replace the rope on your winch, if so, what did you go back with, original or is there a better alternative?

Reactions: ehart814
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are several dyneema synthetic ropes of high quality out there, check Amazon. I think pre-tensioning your new line is an important aspect in the longevity of any synthetic winch line. By getting it on tight and right the first time, the line does much better longer. I'm glad that someone put me onto the process before I used mine the first time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!